Part 17

Recap! P17

Remember: It's Christmas Eve.!

Me: No no no NO! ((I run upstairs to my room trying not to cry))

Chloe: I don't wanna go with my old mommy. I love my new mommy.

Roc:... I know baby...

Wayne: She must really love her!

Nicki: Yeah..

Roc: I'm gonna go talk to her.

MY ROOM

Me: ((Crying))

Roc; Laylah?

Me: What?

Roc: You okay?

Me: What do you think? I have to give Chloe to Christie.. The one who gave us Chloe.. The one who left her child with strangers in Miami.. The one who got pregnant at 16 who smokes AND drinks! I don't even think she knows that Chloe has asthma AND is allergic to bees and peanuts! So what do you think? Do I look okay?

Roc: No, I'm sorry baby.. I know you really love her but you weren't the one who birthed her.

Me: So?! She was the one who left her own TWO YEAR OLD CHILD IN MIAMI!

Roc: I know! But if the person who created that beautiful gift from heaven what's to take her child back, then she has the rights to. I mean, I get if she was actually our child and she wanted to take her and keep her forever.. But babe, we could have a child of our own!

Me: But I want to keep Chloe!

Chloe comes running upstairs and jumps on me and hugs me tight, hiding her face.

Chloe: Mommy, I wanna stay with you!

Me: I know baby! I want to keep you safe forever and forever! I won't let anybody hurt you! Okay?

Chloe: Okay mommy.. You wanna know why I wanna stay with you?

Me: Yes.

Chloe: Because my mommy used to fight my daddy after coming home late and she would smell like smoke and drinks.. Sometimes when I would cry myself to sleep ((starts tearing)) she would beat me and lock my daddy out so he couldn't save me.. One time she left a scar..

Roc: Are you serious?!

Chloe: Yes.. Wanna see the scar?

Roc: Yes..

Chloe showed us the scar on her right hip. It was a cut that didn't heal..

Me: OMG! W-why did she do that?

Chloe: Because I was trying to get her off of daddy's neck and when she finally let go.. She started beating me with a belt and her bracelet that daddy got her, and it was sharp because it broke and it cut me while she was beating me..

Me: OMG.. ((Starts to cry))

Chloe: Don't cry mommy. ((Wipes my tears)) She would look at me every morning and say stuff like, "You know I don't love you right?" Or "I wish you were never born! You kill all my fun!" Or even "I hate you!"

Me: Why? ((Sniffles))

Chloe: I don't know.. But daddy always did love me. He treated me right. Unlike mommy. He would take me out for ice cream and would say always "I love you Coco!" I miss him..

Me: How did he die?

Chloe: He was very sick.. I remember the doctor saying he was under a lot of stress.. What's stress?