Chapter 14

Dedicated to Aayushi thebaddestwoman, my favorite fan <3

• chapter fourteen•

I was falling. I had a strange sense of déjà vu, like I had felt this sensation before, but I couldn't place it. I was completely blank, I didn't know where I was or what was going on around me. All I knew was that it was impossibly cold. When had I felt like this before? I was pretty sure I had.

Slowly everything came into focus. My feet were on solid ground. I was looking down a long corridor through the eyes of someone. It was late at night. Surprisingly, I already knew what was going to happen: I was going to walk down this passage and enter a room. And that's what I did. I glanced up as I walked in. Room 502. The sense of déjà vu was getting stronger.

As I expected, a man wearing a doctor's coat stood there. He smiled at me.

"William," I said.

"Come, sit." He gestured towards a bed which stood against the wall. "I need to talk to you about that little secret."

A wave of despair washed over me. "What about it?"

"Why don't you come in?"

I went in and sat on the edge of the bed, keeping my eyes on him all the time. Something bad was about to happen. I could feel it.

"So, Mary." He walked over to me and cupped my face in his hands. "What have you decided?"

"I want the baby, William," I pleaded.

He slapped his hand on the bed beside me. "You cannot have the baby! I am not married to you, Mary."

"Then marry me!"

He looked away. "I cannot."

"Why? You love me, don't you?" He didn't answer. "Don't you, William?"

When he looked at me again, he was ashamed. "I'm married."

I sat still with shock. "What?" My voice came out in a whisper. "What?" I felt my hands curl into fists. "You are married and you never told me? YOU RUINED MY LIFE, WILLIAM! I am pregnant with your baby! What am I going to do if you don't marry me? I can't have the baby! People will not speak to me!"

"I have told you what you should do. Get an abortion."

"I DON'T WANT TO! I MIGHT DIE!"

"That is not my problem."

"Not your problem?" I screamed. "HOW DARE YOU? It's OUR baby! You can't just walk away like this."

His jaw was rigid. "I can."

I wanted to kill him. I thought of performing dark magic on him, but that needed me to be calm, which I was not. "I will kill you," I hissed.

"Yes?" he said with a mocking smile. "You can not kill me."

"I will tell everyone."

His smile vanished. "What?"

"What you have done to me. I will tell everyone that you're married and you raped me."

"I did not rape you."

"Yes, but only you and I know that."

He took a step towards me. "You can not lie. I will lose my job. I have children to look after."