Marrying....Mr. Mafia?

"Got any brilliant ideas now, Mr. Mafia?" I panicked.

Angelo reached into one of the pockets in his slacks and pulled out his cell phone, quickly dialing a number. I raced over to the window and looked outside. Definitely too far for me to jump and not break something.

I saw Dom right outside looking up, and speaking into his cell phone. Probably to Angelo. A few seconds later two oddly familiar men came running up to Dom with a ladder. Hmm, déjà vu? I immediately recognized the two guys as Guido and Nico.

I guess the D'Amico Devil didn't get rid of them.

The pounding on the door only got louder and now it sounded like there were more people waiting outside. "Angelo," I whispered, just as he had gotten off the phone, "I'm scared."

He came over and opened up the window just as the ladder came into view, "Don't be. Now climb down. Dom's going to take you back to the apartment."

"What about you? What are you going to do?" I asked while slowly climbing out the window and carefully planting my feet on the ladder.

"Just go, Chloe," he took my hands off the window ledge and placed them on the ladder so he could shut the window with ease and disappear from my sight in seconds.

I stood there for a minute, a little confused before climbing down to be somewhat at level with Dom. He was always going to be taller than me though. We had an epic staring contest before he lost and grabbed my arm, "No time to waste, Chloe. We have to get you out of here," he ushered me to a car and surprisingly it wasn't black. It was a light blue actually...but that hardly mattered.

I got into the passenger side as he hopped into the drivers seat and we were speeding away from the mafia house shortly after. "Ok, so why is this just now becoming a problem in your guys' eyes?" I asked. "Why would Luca take me back here if I was obviously on Mr. D'Amico's killer radar?"

"We didn't know, Chloe. Half of us didn't even know he was out of prison. That caught almost all of us by complete and total surprise. And then someone, no one knows who yet, spilled the beans on you. You're a threat."

I scoffed, "I'm a threat? The girl everyone calls criceto is a threat? What else are you guys threatened by? Maybe I can use it to my advantage."

"You're not understanding me, gattina. Mr. D'Amico will stop at nothing until you are nothing. Whatever goes down in the days to come, no matter how odd they may seem, you're gonna need to play along with."

"What do you mean?"

"The mafia is no stranger to lies. I think you of all people know that by now...Mrs. D'Amico," he laughed. Haha, so freaking funny. Not. "Maybe lying is the only way we're going to get you out of this. I don't know yet, but you need to play along no matter how odd it may seem. Got it?"

"I guess."

What lie could be so bad though?

+
+
+

"So what now?" I asked while impatiently tapping my foot on the ground. Dom and I had been standing in the hallway of the apartment building for nearly an hour without saying even a word to each other. I never got a key, Angelo had it and he didn't think to give it to either Dom or me. So we wait.

"We wait for Angelo to finally show up," Dom grumbled.

I sighed, "I'm actually surprised we haven't heard anything from these guys yet," I said while pointing towards the neighbors door. Last time I saw them we were all supposed to be heading to a restaurant, but fate took a weird turn and that never ended up happening. I wonder if they snitched?