Midnight Gender Prediction Trip

-Angelo's POV-

It seemed like the dumbest idea of all time to everyone other than myself because no one else had the in depth explanation behind why I decided to do this. I knew what I was doing and I prayed that it didn't backfire.

"How's life?" He asked, "What's new and exciting?" The fake amusement told me he didn't actually care about the answer, he never did. "What made you call back? You must be in a rut or something."

"It's the Rossi's," was all I said. He'd know how serious this was based on that.

The man knew how to take care of his enemies. He's taken out the Rossi Family's boss before, Italia's father, Donatello de Rossi. He was more ruthless and smarter than Italia, so I saw no reason why my father couldn't take her down as well.

It was better to risk his life than my own at this point. I had stuff to live for, he did not. I was the current Boss of the D'Amico Family, he was not. I have a small family that loves me, he does not.

"And what exactly is it that you want me to do? I'm an outcast in my own Family because of you! Why the hell should I help you? I should let them kill you all off, maybe then I'll be satisfied. But..." He trailed off, "I'm not a total monster, contrary to popular belief of course. Your brother's already asked for my help, and I'm afraid I only have the energy and the willingness to help one of you. I hear that wife of yours is pregnant again."

Leave it to this man to bring up an entirely new topic just as he was getting to the good part, "What does that have to do with anything?"

"Sienna is pregnant too, and it's a boy. What is Chloe having? Another girl?"

"We don't know yet."

"Hmmm....well call me back when you do know. I'll help the son who gives me a grandson. I look for stability in a family. I need someone to fall back on when my own children undoubtedly fail me yet again. All you three do is want and want and want. You never give. Selfish."

What was there for me to say after that?

"Well, you know my terms and don't bother calling me again if you're having another daughter. I won't help you."

I ended the call before he had the chance to. The old man didn't deserve the satisfaction he would get from hanging up on me.

I got up and walked over towards Sophia. She wasn't sleeping anymore, her eyes were slightly cracked open as if the dim light was too much for her large doe eyes to handle. "I'm going to be right back. Just stay here, ok? Don't move."

She nodded, "Can I watch Ponies?"

I fought back the sigh. I had a couple My Little Pony movies on my phone just for her, I didn't want to pull it up right this second though. But she was my principessa, mia tesorina. So I loaded up the movie and basked in the joy it brought her, "Now don't move," I said whilst handing her the phone.

"I won't."

I left the office, and closed the door behind me. I saw Marco walking down the hallway, "Marco!" I shouted, "Watch this door," I said as he approached, "No one goes in and Sophia doesn't come out. I'll be right back."

"Ok," he stood in front of the door right before I left.

I proceeded down the hallway, back to where Alfonzo was in the surveillance room. I walked in to see him doing exactly what he was supposed to be. Keeping a close eye on Chloe whilst making sure everything else looked normal, "Is Acardi still at the clinic?" I asked.

He pulled up the footage from Acardi's place of employment, and we both saw that she was in fact, still there.

"Call her. Tell her to stay there," I said before leaving the room and rushing back to my office. I dismissed Marco and entered the room to see Sophia sitting up, and smiling at the movie in front of her. I didn't understand how she could watch the same thing over and over again and still be amazed every single time. "Come on, Soph. We gotta go get mommy," I scooped her into my arms and made my way out of the room and the house.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"Getting mom and then going to the doctor."

"Ok."

-Chloe's POV-

"Mommy," Sophia sang while poking my cheek several times. "Daddy wants you to wake up."

I rolled over to be on my back, so that I could see her better, "Why? What's wrong? Where is he?" And as if on cue, Angelo walked into the bedroom. "What's going on?"

"You wanted to know if the baby is a boy or girl. Well, we're going to find out, but we have to be fast, Acardi isn't going to be there much longer."

What the holy hell?!

He woke me up to tell me this?!

"I'm not going anywhere right now. It's twelve o'clock, Angelo. I'm going back to sleep," I pulled the covers over my head in hopes to silence him.

"No. We're doing this now," he pulled the covers off, slid his arms underneath me and hoisted me off the bed. "Come on Soph," he called as we exited the house.

"I can walk, Angelo. I'm not totally useless, ya know."

"I like carrying you. This way, I know you won't run off," he set me down and unlocked the doors to the Cadillac. I accepted defeat and slid into the passenger seat as he put Sophia in the back.

"So no carseat still?" I asked as soon as Angelo got behind the wheel.

"I haven't necessarily had a whole lot of free time in the last few days, amore mia. So no. No carseat."

I was quiet the rest of the short ride. I, instead of talking myself, listened to Sophia's and Angelo's conversation about her favorite Pony at the moment, Twilight Sparkle. She even suggested we get a new pet with the same name, preferably a horse.

I hadn't even realized both of them were out of car until Angelo started calling my name from outside. I was too tired for this.

I got out of the car and walked into the small clinic behind both of them. Most of the lights were off, making me think that Acardi had actually left. Maybe I could go home early.

"I'm in the back!" A female voice called. Angelo started walking to one of the back rooms, I grabbed Sophia's hand and followed.

"Benvenuto," she said as the three of us entered the small room. That was a word I've heard a couple times now, and thanks to my oh so very Italian three year old, I now know what it meant. Welcome.

"Grazie," Sophia sang and skipped ahead of me a few steps, bouncing her way into the one chair in the room.

"What did you want?" She asked, sounding legitimately concerned. "Is everything alright?"

"Somebody," I said while shooting Angelo a look and crawling up onto the examination bed, "Just couldn't wait to see what the baby was going to be."

"So, you just want to know the gender than? That's it? Everything is alright? No emergencies?" She asked.

"Yes, that's it," Angelo answered.

Acardi let out a sigh of relief upon hearing that. I guess I didn't blame her either. I'd be scared as hell to work for Angelo.

"Alright," she rolled the ultrasound machine out, "Roll your shirt up please, sweetheart."

I did as told and as soon as it was up, so that my bare tummy was exposed to all, she slapped that weird gooey stuff on it. It was cold.

"Does Sophia think she knows what it is?" Acardi asked.

"Ummmm..." Soph thought about it, "I think it's a girl, but I want a brother."

"Well," Acardi put the probe thingy on my stomach and that blackness popped up on the screen. "It looks like..."

____________________

Quick! Finish the sentence!

"It looks like a____."