It's an Expression

"Ow," Soph said as she tried to slide out of the car, and ended up bonking her shoulder against the side of the door.

Angelo put his hand on the side of her head to pull her away from the car and into him. "You ok?"

She nodded, "Can I take a nap? I'm tired."

Now Angelo nodded, and started walking in the direction of the house Soph used to sleep in when we lived on mafia property three years ago.

I grabbed Alessio's hand and pulled him along, knowing that if I hadn't he would not have followed. He was too caught up in what everyone else was doing to pay attention.

He rubbed at his eyes and started his little run to keep up, "I'm tired too."

Angelo opened the door to the small house and the four of us walked inside.

I used to spend many a days with Sophia in this house. It brought back good memories.

"Daddy, have you ever been shot?" Soph asked.

Angelo cringed at the question, "Many, many times."

"Have you mommy?"

I nodded.

"Well, can we shoot Alessio then so he knows what it feels like?"

"Yeah!" Sio cheered at the idea for some odd reason. He just wanted to be a part of the group.

"No, we're not going to shoot him," Angelo responded to her very childlike question, "He's your brother Sophia. Why would you want to shoot him?"

"He makes me mad sometimes," she spotted the sofa, immediately becoming more infatuated with that than the thought of inflicting pain on her poor little brother, "Goodnight," she hugged Angelo and then me.

"Goodnight?" I asked, "You can't go to sleep yet," I pulled her closer to me, trapping her in a hug whilst being careful as to not irritate her injured shoulder. "You have to give me cuddles."

"Ok."

-Time Skip-

Life was starting to look good again.

Sophia was healing nicely, Angelo was in charge of the Family again with Dom as his underboss, Alessio was just being his Alessio self, and Dominica and Gianna had come back.

The Family was stronger than ever and had managed to take out a few of the Rossi that had Gianna and Dominica.

We all knew to expect hellfire from them in return, but no one seemed to care at the moment. We were all living one day at a time and it was great.

"SoSo," I called whilst walking into the living room (back at the apartment). Bandit jumped up immediately and sat, waiting. "Do you wanna help me with something?"

She nodded and rolled off the sofa, eager to help. "What do you need help with?" She asked while following me back into the kitchen.

I had the dough that I made last night set out, I just needed to get it ready to bake.

"We're making sticky buns," I said happily, my inner child really coming out.

"I don't know what those are."

"It's good food, SoSo."

She shrugged and pulled a chair up so that she could reach the things on the counter a little better, "Ok. Is Sio helping?"

Alessio came running into the kitchen in his morning attire, that being athletic shorts and nothing else. He stretched his arms out as if he wanted to be held, "I'm hungry," he dropped his arms after realizing that I wasn't going to pick him up right now.