Trailer Park Interrogation

Chloe's POV

"I wanna go swimming in the pool," Sophia shouted as we walked through the hotel lobby.

"I..." Alessio swayed tiredly into my side, "Wanna go to sleep." I had to catch him before he collapsed on the floor. Nobody ever got as tired as little Sio.

Sophia turned around and gave her little brother a nasty look, daring him to say that he was tired again. She knew that if he needed a nap, all fun plans would have to be postponed.

We weren't even here to have fun anyways, but no matter how many times we told the kids that, they were probably never going to understand it. This was strictly a business trip and we didn't have much of another choice so they had to be brought along. Angelo's mom said she would watch them back at home, but ever since her and Dominica were taken by the Rossi's, Angelo didn't really trust her to be alone. He still brought her along so that she could watch them from the safety of a guarded hotel room though.

I didn't want to go with him to talk to my mom, but I didn't want to make him do it alone. I knew he wouldn't have minded if I didn't go because it was my mom and as far as I'm concerned he's never met the lady, so he didn't know what to expect.

It was getting harder to keep Alessio up, so I let Sophia and Angelo go ahead and get the room keys as I sat down in one of the lobby chairs and pulled Sio next to me. He put his hands down on my thighs and crashed his head onto my lap. It was nap time alright.

Just as quickly as he laid down though, he was shooting right back up, "My medicine!" He shouted, "We don't have it," he looked up at me, his eyes watery and sad.

He was an emotional little roller coaster.

"I have it, Sio," I cupped his face in my hands and kissed his forehead.

"Oh, yay," his tiredness was once again at the forefront of his mind as he relaxed and started to drift off. He was going to have to pull himself out of it again though because Angelo and Sophia came back.

"Did we get one or two rooms?" I asked before getting back onto my feet, Alessio tiredly protesting as he followed my lead.

"One," he handed me one of two keys. "Do you want to take them up to the room and put them to bed? I need to go get Noëlle."

I nodded.

Noëlle fell asleep in the car on the way here, like she usually does, so Angelo's mom was sitting out in the car with her.

"We'll be up in a minute and then we can leave, yes?" He asked.

I took a deep breath in. The thought of seeing my mom shouldn't have bothered me as much as it did, but I knew the sooner I did, the sooner I could forget all about her again. "Yeah."

I didn't even expect her to know anything about Sienna's whereabouts.

<><><><><><>

Oh, I hated this.

This was the very last place I expected my mom to live. I knew she was the person who taught Sienna many of her disgusting habits, but much like my dad, my mom was rich at one point and as addicted to drugs as she may have been, I didn't think she couldn't have blown all her money on them yet.

I wasn't expecting a big mansion because that may have been out of her price range since she hasn't worked for a decade or so, but I definitely wasn't prepared to be standing at the door of some trailer in the middle of a thousand more.

"Angelo, I hate this. I hate this so bad. I want to go home," I glanced over my shoulder, planning an escape route for when my mom maybe answered the door.

"Chloe, you'll be fine," he grabbed my hand gently and held it in his reassuringly, "I promise."

Just as I thought his words might have calmed me down, I watched as the front door opened a smidgen, just so the person on the other side could peek out at us.

It wasn't long before it was open the rest of the way and I was face to face with my long lost mother. I didn't even have time to react to how much she's changed since I last saw her before she was out the door and pulling me into her arms. I swear, I could feel each and every bone of hers prodding me.

I made sure to never let go of Angelo's hand as I tried to show just how uninterested in this hug I was. Was it even a hug?

She let me go and I stumbled back to be closer to Angelo. "Baby, it's been so long! Where have you been?"

I was probably sixteen years old last time I saw her, so it wasn't like my absence from her life was a new thing. My dad always left the door open for her to come and see us though, she just never cared enough about us to stop by.

I strived to be a better mother to Sophia, Alessio and Noëlle than this woman ever was to me.

I watched as her glassy, blue eyes wandered over to Angelo as she eyed him like a lion would a piece of juicy meat. "I never heard about you getting married, Coco," she picked my free hand up and started inspecting my ring. I pulled it out of her hand before she could even think about selling it for drug money. "I figured your wedding would have been all over the news."

I shook my head, at a complete loss for words. If only she knew.

"You must be rich if you could buy such a nice ring for my little Coco," she said to Angelo. Oh god, she was flirting for the drug monies.

Angelo dismissed her comment, "Can we talk to you?"

He didn't like talking about his money with many people.

My mom suddenly looked shocked and for what reason, I wasn't sure, "Come in," she gave us just enough time to walk into the trailer, "What do you want to talk about?"

I had recently picked up on a cold, so I was pretty congested and couldn't smell much, but the smell of weed was getting stronger and stronger the further I walked into the trailer. I was convinced that I would be throwing up all over the ugly green shag carpet pretty soon. There were also needles scattered on every surface that was visible.

This was almost heartbreaking.

"Violet wants to know where Sienna is," I blurted out, totally pissed off at this point. I knew Violet was an extremely sore subject for her because the two had been feuding over my dad for years.

"Tell that bitch that SiSi wants absolutely nothing to do with her. That's why she turned out the way she did anyway."

One little laugh had escaped Angelo's mouth before he silenced it all together and looked around the place as if nothing had happened.

He was so cute sometimes.

"I want to know where she is. I think her kids deserve to know at least that much because right now all they know is their junkie, bitch ass father!"

"Hey!" Angelo interrupted, he was super protective over Lorenzo and it was starting to get annoying because I think he was beginning to keep him around just to spite me.

"Are they staying with you? They got there safely?"

"Do you care?" I asked.

I didn't mind having Eloisa and Jaxton around, I think it was keeping Sophia's mind off of having to share her attention with Noëlle. Now that they were constantly around, she just liked showing her off to everyone.

"I do care. Why wouldn't I? They're the only grandbabies I have."

I shook my head, "No, they're actually not. They're just the only ones you got to see."

It looked as though a lightbulb went off in her head, "You show me a picture of your baby or babies and I'll tell you where Sienna is."

I looked to Angelo for help with this. It felt creepy showing her a picture of them, but a couple of seconds was harmless and I would get answers out of it.

It didn't really matter though because the front door opened and all of my questions were answered anyway.