Eli Goldsworthy Moving On ~7~

Eli didn’t get a chance to speak to Serena during Honors English and he didn’t see her at lunch. He hadn’t seen her until after school in the first day of detention. Serena was already there when Eli arrived, Jake right after him.

Eli took a seat next to Serena; Jake was on the other side of the room, with a few other students. It seemed he had a friend over there, as they whispered.

“Hey,” Eli said, looking at Serena. She looked as if she had been crying, her eyes were puffy and she continually sniffed. Eli watched as she stared down at one of her school books, obviously avoiding eye contact.

“Hi,” Serena said, smiling slightly.

“Can we talk?” Eli asked.

“I’m sorry,” Serena said. “I shouldn’t have just left you standing there alone after the fight. Whether it was over her or not, it was wrong for me to just leave you. I’m making Claire’s mistakes.”

Eli was stunned, could this mean they were still together? “We weren’t fighting over Claire, Serena.” Serena looked at him doubtfully.

“We were fighting because Claire came over yelling at me to leave you alone,” Eli said, taking Serena’s hands. “She said I would manipulate you the way I did to her. She said that she wouldn’t let me do that to you.”

Serena looked at him, he could see the gears turning in her head as she took in this information. She continually opened and closed her mouth, no words coming out. “Eli, I’m sorry.”

“It’s ok,” Eli said, relief flooding his body.

“I’m a terrible girlfriend, goodness, I should’ve listened and I should have stayed.” Serena suddenly stopped and gasped. “I’m becoming Claire.” Serena cupped Eli’s face in her hands. “I’m so sorry.”

Eli pushed her blue bangs from her brown-green eyes, revealing her eyebrow piercing, which was definitely a huge turn on to Eli. Her chocolate brown face looked distressed, like she was going through more than she would admit.

All Eli could do was be there for her. Eli kissed her, hard and passionate. This time, he wasted no time in opening his mouth for her’s. Their tongues’ danced to their own music, as if they were meant to be that way.

The tongue ring only made him want more.

Until a certain Jerk-Face said, “Look at the emo love, how sweet.”

The two looked up to see Jake Martin right behind them. Serena punched him in the stomach, hard. “Opps! My bad! You frightened me.” Serena put on a face of masked sorrow, biting back a grin. “This emo doesn’t take crap. From anyone.”

“Detention is dismissed,” a teacher said, poking her head in.

“Bye, preppy,” Serena said.

She picked up her bag and grabbed Eli’s hand, walking quickly out of the room. “Movie date?” Serena asked Eli, hopefully. Her brown-green eyes held hope as she watched him.

“Movie date,” Eli said with a nod.