Eli Goldsworthy Moving On ~11~

“I can’t believe we’re watching this again,” Eli said, shaking his head.

“Shhh,” Serena scolded. “This is my favorite part.” Serena watched Fred sing with the deer, laughing all the while. “Oh, Fred,” she smiled. She moved into Eli more than she already was.

The movie ended soon and Serena sat up to look at Eli.

Eli smiled at her. “Can I talk to you about something?”

Serena threw back her head and let out an exaggerated sigh. “Do we have to talk? I mean, I hate talking about serious things, it puts a serious damper on things.”

“I have a proposition for you, I think we can make this better,” Eli said.

“This is serious, huh?” Serena asked, sitting up straighter. “You’re doing that blinking thing.”

“What?” Eli looked at Serena, his eyebrows pulling together.

“When you concentrate on something hard, you blink slower,” Serena explained, as if it was obvious.

“No, I don’t,” Eli argued, looking at her with intense green eyes.

Serena made her brown-green eyes equally intense. “Yes, you do.”

“No.”

“Yes.”                      

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“This is getting us nowhere,” Eli said, shaking his head. “This is a silly argument.”

“You’re a silly argument,” Serena said, pouting childishly.

“That makes no sense!” Eli said.

“You make no sense.”

“You’re afraid!” Eli blurted. Serena said nothing, so Eli went on. “You’ve never had a positive serious talk in your life and know you’re afraid to have one, you’re afraid I’m going to hurt you.”

“No,” Serena said half-heartedly.

Cupping her face in his hands, Eli said, “I won’t hurt you. I promise.”

After a moment of silence, Serena relaxed into his hands; she gripped his wrist softly as he held her face. “Okay,” she said. “What is it you want to talk about? Hmm?”

“Live with me?”