Eli Goldsworthy Moving On ~10~

Serena walked around Eli’s room, lightly touching everything as she passed.

His room was now deep red, close to black, but not quite. There were different rock band posters scattered on the wall. The full sixed bed in the far corner not spread since morning.

“Serena?” Eli asked, looking at her.

She turned to look at Eli, their eyes trapping on one another’s. Walking slowly over to the bed he was sprawled out on, she laid down next to him, wrapping her arms around his waist as he wrapped his arms around her.

“What are we gonna do?” he asked.

“I have no idea. Can we just . . . take it one day at a time? Let’s not talk about it or think about it until it comes and karate chops us in the neck. Let’s go catch a movie or something.” The pleading look in Serena’s eyes almost broke Eli’s heart.

“Ok,” Eli said, smiling.

*

Eli’s tongue moved with Serena’s, she grabbed his head as if doing this would make them closer. Her leg was casually slung over his, her other hand resting on his chest.

The two were in the Tunnel of Love, a ride at the amusement park.

“This is so cliché,” Serena mumbled against his lips. “Making out on the love ride, maybe we should go frolic through flowers.”

Eli smiled against her lips, his sarcastic girl. “We should.”

Eli looked around at the mirrors and hearts, listening to the “romantic” music, although he and Serena would both prefer something more . . . hard rock. The red and pink wall paper and streamers only contrasted with the idea of a rock love tunnel.

Serena laughed, a good genuine laugh, the first one he had heard all day. She kissed him again as they went to the exit of the tunnel. Jumping out, Eli took Serena under his arm. She snuggled into Eli’s side, smiling up at him.

“That should be a rock Tunnel Of Love,” Serena stated.

“Emos’,” a girl scoffed, walking past with her boyfriend.

Serena turned, game face on. “What?”

The girl was taken aback. She pushed long, brown curls behind her shoulder, brown eyes trained on Serena. She was taking in Serena’s shorter form, but with her wicked face expression, not to mention the snake bites, several ear piercings, and eyebrow piercing, Serena looked imitating.

Looking at her boyfriend, who would probably back her up she if got into a fight, she straightened her back. “I said, ‘emos’, what? You didn’t hear the first time?”

“Oh, shut up, prep,” Serena said, annoyance clear in her voice . . . anger, too. “All you do is judge. You know what emo stands for? Emotional. Instead of sitting there judging, maybe you should listen to our stories. Ask why us ‘emos’ are emotional. Not everyone can live a perfect life.”

Speechless, all the girl could manage was a, “So?”

“Who cares if I’m emo, move the hell on.”

Serena stomped off, Eli trailing her, smiling hugely. “I’m proud of you,” he said, turning her around and cradling her face. “You didn’t hit her, I thought you would, I’m glad you didn’t.”

Serena smiled. “I thought about it. We have enough drama without the police getting involved.”

Eli smirked, kissing her deeply. “You’re right.”

“I love that smirk you do before you kiss me,” Serena said, pushing black hair from his emerald green eyes. “It’s really attractive.”

Eli laughed, looking at her with loving eyes. “I smirk when I do something wicked . . . to me, kissing you is wicked.”