Eli Goldsworthy Moving On ~13~

Eli and Serena had resided in Eli’s room. Serena was laying back on Eli’s pillows, staring at the TV that was showing an old episode of some ‘90’s show, although not quite watching it.

Eli had his head in Serena’s lap, while she stroked his long, black hair. He had ice in a dishcloth wrapped around his knuckles.  Eli stared at Serena for a long time before saying, “I’m sure he didn’t mean it.”

“I’m sure he did,” Serena responded, without hesitation.

“Serena –” Eli began, sitting up.

Before he could go further, Serena stood and began to walk out. “I’m gonna get some more ice for you, I’ll be right back.”

Serena disappeared out of the room. After about ten minutes, Eli realized she was taking too long so he went into the kitchen to see what she was doing, once he saw, he yelled, “What the hell are you doing!?”

Eli ran to her, clutching her bleeding wrist that was over the kitchen sink. The knife she had used was still in her hand. Eli heard her name being repeated, then realized he was the one saying it. They were home alone, Eli’s mother CeCe was out with friends while Bullfrog was on a convention for his radio station.

“Why?” was all Eli uttered, that one word filled the kitchen, sounding broken as it left his mouth. He stared at this crazy, beautiful girl in front of him, a girl who was broken on the inside, refusing to show it at all.

“He said to,” was her only response.

*

Eli sat in the hospital bed, holding the hand of Serena that wasn’t  bandaged with stitches. She wasn’t looking at him, she was looking at the ceiling as if she could bore a hole into with only her eyes.

“I’m sorry,” she muttered softly. “I’m only making your life harder, I am really so sorry, Eli.”

“Don’t be,” Eli said. She ignored him, so he clutched her face looking into her brown-green eyes, allowing all the love he felt for her show in his eyes. “There is absolutely no one else I would want to be with. I promise you that, Serena.”

“Wow,” she uttered.

“What?” Eli asked, confused.

“You’re pretty amazing, Green Eyes, you know that?”

A slight blush crept in Eli’s cheeks. “Thanks, it’s just that . . . I know what it’s like to feel like the whole world is against you, that there’s no one to turn to. That feeling that you just wanna die, I’ve . . . thought about suicide, but honestly, I’m glad I’m still here.”

A sob escaped Serena’s throat. “They hate me, my own father and brother hate me.”

“I’ll be here for you because I love you.”

Serena sat there frozen for an instant. “I-I love you, too.”

Eli lay next to Serena as she sobbed into his shoulder. Stroking her hair while murmuring to her that everything will be okay. She eventually quieted down, to the point where Eli realized she was sleeping.

“Serena!” her father barged into the room, looking anxiously at his daughter.

“What happened?” Mr. Arnold stared at Eli for answers. “Did she try to cut herself? I can’t believe she’s doing this again, the fire and now this.”

“Sir,” Eli began. “I’d like to speak to you about, Serena.”

********

Last chapter tomorrow!

Vote!

********