chapter zero!

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖊𝖑, 𝖟𝖊𝖗𝖔

*   *   *

*   *   *

ISABELLE NIGHTLY, or Elle as she was known to be called, was fast asleep on her bed when the digital clock on her bedside table flashed its red numbers telling the rest of the world that it was currently 23:57.

Elle had spread herself into a tangled mess in the middle of her bed. Head hanging off the side, spread horizontally while the blonde locks of her hair were pulled tightly into two french braids to keep out of her face. A bonus if her hair could achieved the luscious waves that Isabelle was hoping for to make the morning just a teeny bit easier.

This may have been the earliest in weeks that she had gone to sleep, probably the earliest since she was last at school. That summer, Elle had spent most of her time either working at the Macy's in the nearest shopping centre (Lydia couldn't love her more after using Elle's staff discount) or spending time at her best friends lake house with the strawberry blonde and her boyfriend. This would all change in the morning however as the looming date of students worst nightmares was quick to come round.

The first day back at school. Ugh.

Now, as the pack leaders of the social structure in the school, there really was no need to worry. With Lydia's slightly bitchy and 'holier than thou' attitude, partnered with Elle's talent of talking her way out of anything, they seemed to balance each other out and headed straight for the top of the food chain.

Despite the duo's ability to conquer most obstacles in their way, their was always one thing that prevented them from becoming invincible. Height. With Isabelle being the whopping height of five foot five (two inches taller than her red headed companion, which she totally never brings up. Like, never) they needed the brawn to their brains. This is where Jackson came in.

Jackson Whittemore was an ass. Isabelle wasn't even going to deny it. However, he was her ass and she would defend him till the end (Potentially. It mainly depended on who he had pissed off at the time). Jackson, as captain of the lacrosse team, was in the same social circle as Isabelle and Lydia so it wasn't long before they joined in one of the most stereotypical ways ever.

Through Lydia and Jackson dating.

This left Isabelle and Danny (Jackson's much cooler best friend) to become third wheels. This was fine, until Danny just had to go and get his own boyfriend and left Isabelle as the single one of the group, and therefore most desirable. Lydia had tried several times to fool Elle into blind dates which weren't very blind if you already knew every member of the lacrosse and swim team.