chapter eighteen!

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖊𝖑, 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

* * *

*    *    *

* * *

(  𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖒𝖆𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖞  )

Lydia was round Elle's house to get ready for the formal because she had the bigger room and best lighting. She said a quick hello to Mr and Mrs Nightly when she entered the house with the key she had been given a few years ago in case she needed somewhere to stay. She made her way up the stairs and into the familiar bedroom of Isabelle Nightly with her dress and box of tools to make them look fabulous.

She plopped them all onto her king-sized bed and threw herself face down onto it, next to the tool box. Elle then walked in from the bathroom, hair still slightly wet from the shower she had just had, hair dryer in hand, dressed only in her bra and underwear. She looked at Lydia on her bed but shrugged, used to seeing Lydia in her room at the most random of times.

"You ready?" she asked the strawberry blonde. A slight nod was visible and Lydia clambered off of the bed dramatically before plugging in her phone to the speakers Elle has to blast out the current chart hits while they worked. Elle dragged other stool from one corner of her room to another and placed it next to the already existing one in front of her mirror.

Lydia undressed until she was in the same amount of clothing as Elle. They had known each other since they were three. They were completely comfortable being around each other that bare, after all, what's the difference between that and bikinis? She made sure to lock her door and close the curtains first though.

They perched themselves onto the comfy stools and began drying Elle's hair with the hair dryer she had. Once that was completely dried they worked on make up. Simple at first with a light coverage on their faces but built it up flawlessly with eyeshadow and the perfect shade of lipstick to match.

The curling iron and straighteners were plugged in and turned on ready to style their hair and dresses were revealed from the protective bags they had to keep them from damage.

After the heated tools had got to the specific temperature needed, they set to work sectioning off hair to manipulate it into the hair style they want; Lydia with curls and Elle with straight. They both pinned the top half of their hair round the back in the same elegant up-do as the other so they matched, but not enough to be considered weird.

They moisturised, perfumed up and breath checked before sliding on their dresses. Lydia and Elle picked out the shoes they want to wear and slipped them onto their feet before looking at themselves in the mirror to see the final piece.