chapter sixteen!

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖊𝖑, 𝖘𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

*    *    *

*    *    *

( 𝖈𝖔-𝖈𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖆𝖎𝖓 )

"Whatcha doing?" Stiles asked his dad when he came downstairs to find him at the table with work cases spread across it and an empty glass next to him.

"Work."

"Anything I can help with?"

"You know, if you poured me an ounce of whiskey, that would be awfully nice," Stiles nodded his head in acceptance and thought of a plan. Why not get his dad drunk so he will be more reluctant to tell him things about the Derek case that wasn't actually Derek.

"Any leads?" Stiles asked his father as he grabbed his glass and walked over to the cabinet to get the Jack.

"You know I can't discuss that with you," he sighed at his son. "Not too much," he added in regards to his drink.

"Okay. There you go, dad," he handed him back a glass of Jack Daniels nearly full to the brim.

"Thanks," sighed the Sheriff not looking at how much was in the glass and drank all of it.

"Bottoms up," Stiles grinned.

"You know, Derek Hale would be a whole hale of a lot-Hale of a lot?" Sheriff asked, the alcohol affecting him quickly.

"Hell of a lot?" Stiles corrected.

"Hell. Yes. He would be a hell of a lot easier to catch if we could get an actual picture of him," he revealed in his drunken state.

"How do you not have a picture of him?"

"It's the weirdest thing. It's like every time we tried to get a mug shot, it's like two-Laser beams were pointing at the camera," he showed his son the photo.

"Nice," he commented.

"Oh, my God. Ohh! God, that ounce hit me like a brick. And I have said way too much, and if you repeat any of that-"

"Dad-it's me. I'm not gonna say anything. Come on."

"See, the thing is they're all connected. I mean, the bus driver that got killed, he was an insurance investigator assigned to the Hale house fire,"