chapter nine!

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖊𝖑, 𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊

* * *

*   *   *

* * *

( 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙 𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖎𝖙𝖔𝖗 )

The day after the conferences everyone was back to normal. Lydia and Elle were back in the real world and caught up with any work they had missed. Isabelle text her manager to apologise for missing her shift even though her mother had given them warning.

Lydia and Elle and both agreed to ignore what happened and try and block it from their memory. So with that method in tow, they went back towards school.

Scott, however, received another threat from Derek. "Stay away from Allison. Stay away from Allison. Stay away from Allison. Stay away from Allison." Scott repeated, walking down the hallway when he spotted his girlfriend that he was ignoring.

He turned the other way and hurriedly tried to find another route before she spotted him. "Must stay away from Allison. Just stay away from Allison-" he made his way up some steps when he spotted Jackson coming out of a classroom and had to turn the other way again, "Stay away from Jackson. Just stay away from Jackson."

"Hey, Scott." called Lydia when he made his way down another hallway into the one where she was at her locker.

"Oh, come on!"

* * *

Stiles was sat down at his desk already to work when the blonde bombshell walked in. He glanced up thinking it maybe Scott but was pleasantly surprised when it was Elle coming to sit in Scott's seat. He looked at her confused but was not complaining. Before he had the chance to ask what she was doing she spoke.

"Are you ok? Uh-sorry you probably don't know what I mean. I'm talking about your dad. I heard he got hit by a car in the parking lot on parents evening? Is he alright? I'm sorry I haven't come to check sooner it's just with the whole 'mountain lion in the rental store' fiasco I haven't really been thinking straight," she explained placing a hand over his because she sat side ways on Scott's chair.

His face turned red at the touch on his limb and he gave a spluttering response, "Uh-yeah-um he's uh fine."

"I'm glad that he's okay. But that's not all I wanted to talk to you about." she dragged the 'about' out emphasising it in a way that made Stiles' heart pound and hands sweat. He wondered if she could feel it. He really hoped not. That would put her off for life.

"Look, I wanted to thank you for the other day. You didn't have to come round and check on me after the attack but you did and I'm really grateful for it. I probably made a gigantic fool of myself with all the drugs that were in my system and can hardly remember anything but my mum told me you came and then I got these little flashback things of me falling asleep half way through a conversation so I apologise loads for that."