Prologue

A Monday morning of June 30 which was basically just an ordinary day to begin with... the master suddenly called for a special meeting...

...

After knowing the sudden announcement, everybody stopped from what they're doing and hurriedly went to the hall not only because it's a must-attended but also it's just a once in a while thing to be with him because the master, himself, was not always calling for a meeting.

And after getting into the hall, all sat on the floor silently and properly. Everyone seemed excited and happy at the same time but also confused and clueless of what would be the important thing to be announced. And the most surprising thing for a mere subordinate... was to see the son of the master sitting on the floor with the group... silently and dominantly...

And like the master, the son was really adored and respected by the subordinates. And aside from being excellent in his studies and works, he's taught-well and grown as a fine young man. There's really NO typical stereotype appearance or characteristics of a spoiled brat and bad-mouthed youngmaster of a typical yakuza group to see on him... and that's what made the subordinates either in low or high positions... proud and dignified.

...

Then in just a few minutes, the door of the main room suddenly opened and the master showed himself and all of the people bowed in front of him.

"That's enough.", the master said.

Just like a magic spell, all of the people sat properly again.

...

It couldn't be wrong... Just like what others felt...

The atmosphere was cold and heavy...

"I will be direct now for this meeting.", the master suddenly said.

You could clearly see that all of the people in the hall gulped simultaneously upon hearing the cold voice of the master.

...

...

...

"My son will succeed my position when he turns 22 this coming month."

ALL GASPED.

"What's with this, Oyabun?!", a voice suddenly asked.

"What's happening, Oyabun?!"

"Your son is suitable for your position and we can't say no more for that but this is so sudden!"

All of the people started to whispered and chattered. It was really clear that the people were all shocked and didn't agree with the sudden announcement.

"Enough!", the master cut off.

!!!!!!!!!!

...

...

Silence.

...

...

"No one can change my mind.", he said strongly.

But they also knew that no one could ever change the Oyabun's mind.

"Father...", his son muttered from being shock.

Then, he looked at him.

...

...

...

"But still... to have my position, son..."

The people started to listen very well again and it's like they tried to stop themselves from breathing for the sudden additional announcement.

Seconds were running...

Many sweats fell...

And hearts beat faster...

And the thing to know also was...

"You must prepare the chosen bride and get married before your birthday."