06 // STREET RAT

I paced around on Blue's porch and deliberated whether I should knock or not.

"Alexander?"

I looked up and he had opened the door and looked at me curiously.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm the Anchor," I whispered. Blue blinked at me, his seriously long eyelashes clapping against each other silently.

"I don't have time for this," he said angrily.

"Blue!" I cried. "I can't leave Northrun!"

"This isn't a game" He hissed.

"A month ago, I had a seizure and the doctors in Gregory County had no clue why," I tried. "Literally just then, I put a hole through Lincoln's car because I can't leave Northrun"

Blue ran a hand through his hair, his eyes never looking away from me.

"Get in here," he snapped and yanked me inside his house. Once inside, he shoved me into a seat in the living room.

The first to show up was a girl who didn't look much older than Harley. As Blue had said, she had the same black hair and the same golden eyes. Orlando was next and then a taller girl who looked the same as all of them.

"Is this Alexander?" The younger one asked with a childish smile on her lips.

"Alex," I said instinctively.

"Not only is Alexander the most annoying person in the world," Blue muttered, "she's also the Anchor."

"So your spell finally worked?" Orlando rose an eyebrow.

"Orlando," the girl hissed.

"Blue just called her the Anchor, Aria. I think she knows about us."

"No, the spell didn't work," Blue interrupted. "She can't leave Northrun."

"And that means she's the Anchor how?" Orlando asked.

"I think you misheard me, she physically can't leave Northrun."

"Oh wow, you're right Blue. She is the all magical being we've been looking for because she can't leave her stupid little town."

"I'm what?"

"Alexander, this conversation is about you, not to you," Blue told me calmly. "Just sit there quietly"

"Blue," the tall girl finally said. "She's scared, and young and new to this whole thing. If they have put a boundary spell up that stops her from moving, it means they're coming for her."

"T-they're what?" I stammered and looked up at Blue. "Who are they and what are they going to do to me?"

"Stop saying it like that," Orlando ordered me.

"Leave her alone," the younger girl, Aria, hissed.

"Get Wren," Blue said, "she can explain all of this a lot better than we can"

***

All I could think about was Lincoln as I paced around in Blue's living room.

It was dark outside now and Blue wouldn't let me leave without talking to this woman, Wren.

"You're starting to give me a headache," Orlando groaned and rubbed circles on his temples. "When is Renee going to find Wren?"

"I'm not even saying anything," I hissed.

"Well your heartbeat won't shut up."

I looked at him in shock and stopped moving.

"What? Did you forget that I'm a Vampire?"