36 // SOULS

"T-That's a change," Blue stammered as he took in my horribly lopsided new haircut. 

"I hate it," I admitted. "It was supposed to be... Different."

"I don't understand why you cut it in the first place," Blue frowned, "I liked your hair." 

"I don't care," I muttered. 

"I guess it isn't completely bad," he tried. 

"What do you want Blue?" I huffed. 

"I was here to talk to you about being a Vampire," he said and I sighed. "Hear me out Alexander. When I turned thirty, per Head rules, I was going to have Renee turn me. Before she died, Renee put some of her blood in vials so that if anything happened to her then she would still be the one to turn me."

"Fantstic," I mumbled and continued drawing circles in the fog on my window. 

"That was one of your problems right?" He checked. "You didn't want to be linked to someone after they turned you? Well you can't be linked to someone if that someone is dead."

"Mhmm," I hummed. Blue stayed on my bed and I sighed again. I leaned my cheek on the window and the wetness of it made me want to cry. Out in the street, Tommen was laying on the road. I felt my breath stop as a car came down the street. As it passed over Tommen, he disappeared. 

"Alexander?" Blue asked. I heard him get off of the bed, and I swiped the naughts and crosses game that I had been playing with Jenny off of the window. "What's wrong?" 

"Nothing," I lied and looked over at him. Blue sat down on the window and checked the drawing on the window. "I just... Lilith is a Hunter. If I become a Vampire, she would hate me and try to kill me."

"Your sister wouldn't hurt you," Blue told me confidently, "I wouldn't let her."

"Why do you want me to be a Vampire?" I huffed. "Why can't you just go with what we know?"

"Because I need you," he answered so quickly that he couldn't have even thought about it before he said it, "you don't even understand how much I can't function without you. I can't let you just die, Alexander. And if you're a Vampire, then we can be together forever."

"Now you sound like a stalker," I warned him. He laughed and grabbed my hand before tugging me closer to him. I sighed again and dropped my head on his chest. 

"I mean it Alexander," Blue mumbled into my hair. "I would do anything for you."

"I know," I lied. Would Blue really do anything for me? 

***

I sat with Harley out on the wet grass and we watched as Blue, Orlando, Lincoln and the Dusk Pack played some kind of ball game. 

What they couldn't see was Judy Brown walking on the edge of Lincoln's roof, every now and then teetering over the edge. 

Every one was here. 

"Are you okay Alex?" Harley asked. "Your heart is beating really fast."

"I'm fine," I lied and watched Rod and Dean as they chased each other, pushing and pulling each other as they ran. 

"Alex," he warned. I heard a noise and as I looked up, my blood ran cold. 

"Hannah," I whispered. Hannah's hair was red, as it had been the night that she died, stained with her own blood. 

"Alexander?"

"Look at him," Hannah spat as she looked at them all playing. "He killed me less than two days ago and he is running around, playing games."