Chapter 1

"Loveday-"

"Mr. Booth, I told you to call me Love" I gently told my manager, I just thought Loveday was overkill,so I have always had my family, friends, and close aquineances call me that.

"Yes, I'm sorry. Well we both know that this is industry is tough enough as it is so about your education-"

"Booth, I said I'm going to finish my degree." I interjected.

"I understand but-" He started to say.

"No buts about it, I'm going to finish my degree in music education and all my minors." I told him in my most professional voice.

"Are you sure?" He anxiously asked

.

"I swear Booth, you worry too much. The way I see it, college will help." I smiled to the middle aged man with my sweetest smile.

"As long as you're not going to have trouble. Then I suppose it's okay." He said as he was finally relaxing into the blue couch which was in the recording studio.

"Now Mr Booth, if you'll excuse me but I really need to finish composing these songs!" I gently told him as I pointed to the mess of papers on the floor with my foot. "I can't wait any longer, like you said I'm a novice so I need to finish these as quickly as I can."

"Love, that's what writers are for, we cou-"

"No! I refuse. I want this to be a 100% me." I said as I crossed my arms and sternly looked at him.

"I just don' t understand you, Love." He sighed while leaning lacing his fingers in his lap.

Laughing I got up to show his butt the door. "Well you chose me out of all the contestants so this is what you get, now go to your other celebrities that actually need help. Who knows, maybe they're having a melt down about their new manicure or their auto tune isn't working correctly."

"Har-har, very funny." Booth retorted.

"I love you too, Boothy Woothy!"

Walking out the door he bellowed a "Get to work on those hits, Love."

I rolled my eyes and closed the door. It had been 6 months since I had joined the company and it was already June! Looking at my pile of dead trees I knew I only had written 6 songs, one for each month. This wasn't as easy as it seemed. I needed inspiration! But what could inspire me? I had already gone through memories, which I knew I could write about more, it's just I needed more depth to the love songs. I had written half of them about friendship and one about my mom, the rest were random stuff like puppy love. Ugh being a maiden was difficult. I mean, how hard could it be to give a girl a kiss.

Sinking into the spinney chair I began the onslaught of dizziness.

LET IT BEGIN!

Yeah this isn't helping, all it did was get me nauseous. Staring at my phone I decided it was time for "The Call". Picking it up I dialed the familiar number and pressed the green button. It rung 5 times

before someone picked up.

"Hello?" A tired voice answered.

"Mabel!" I screeched.

"Jesus Love, what?" My Ginger whined.

"I need ideas." I softly told her.

"Really? You call at 11:30 on a weekday for this?"

"Of course I did!" I exclaimed.

"Go to the club and dance or something. I don't know."

"Great idea, thanks a bunch sweetie pie!"

" Yeah yeah, and what do I get in return?"

"My friendship!"

"Seems fair, okay well you have fun, don't take drugs, no alcohol, no sex!" She preached. Oh how she loved to preach.

Giggling I replied "Yes ma'am!"

"Well good hunting."

"Same here partner!"

And with that I hung up and packed my papers into my messenger bag and slipped into my ballet flats. Walking out of the building I hailed a cab to my townhouse.