Chapter 4

The next day I woke at an unappreciable time. It was 2 in the afternoon and I could already feel the missed calls and texts from my manager. With a hint of celeb texts *wink wink*. Rising from the blob that was called my bed, I pushed the humongous comforter off my body. Jumping up of the bed in a tank top and shorts, I was greeted with the sound of crinkling paper.

"Oh shit!" I screeched.

Flopping back on my bed. I looked around my room. The floor wasn't the usual brown but instead had a layer of freshly written on paper. Of course it did, I thought to myself. After coming back home last night I had immediately gone to my guitar and piano to write my new songs. If I remember correctly, I had written 5. But I could have written more, that man had given me infinite ideas for my songs. But when the birds began to sing with the hint of sun in the background, I knew I should go to bed. So that's how I ended up like this, with a room full of paper. I should have just used the computer. Well, whatever, too late.

Carfully sliding off the sheets I made my way around the room, collecting the loose papers and putting them in the correct piles. After setting them on my wrap around desk by the wall, I retrieved the guitar and put it back on it pedestal along with unplugging the electric piano. Deciding the room

looked at least a little clean I made my way to the en suite bathroom to perform my morning ritual, err afternoon ritual.

Exiting the shower smelling fresh as a daisy, I skipped the toothbrush since I hadn't eaten breakfast. Or was it lunch? Whatever, my meal. Skipping that, I changed into a fresh pair of purple victoria's secret panties that haD "that's what he said" printed on the butt, along with a black bra. Yeah, I know it didn't match but they were comfy. Slipping into the same tank top and shorts, I wrapped my hair into my towel and shuffled to the kitchen that was downstairs. Passing the two guest bedrooms and guest bathroom, I slowly made my way down the carpeted stairs. Passing the foyer, I made an immediate left and passed the living room and office. Finally making it to the kitchen I immediately turned on the kettle already wanting my tea.

Riffling through the cabinets, I settled on making waffles. Gathering the ingredients and concocting the batter while setting up the waffle maker, I waited for the familiar scream of the kettle to go off at any minute. It didn't. Turning on the waffle maker I began loading the batter into it. Oh, the joys of cooking. Figuring that two were enough for me, I unplugged the maker and wrapped the bowl and put it in the refrigerator for dinner use.

Finally the tea was ready. Taking the pot, I poured the water into a small tea cup and dumped in a pack of mint tea. I set the pot back on the stove and turned the indicated stove off. Placing the cup on a plate I set it down and opened the screen door that was next to the kitchen. Walking into the enclosed porch, I settled the tea on the table out there and returned to the kitchen for my waffles and a cup of milk, not to mention my phone that I had placed on the counter the night before. After moving all that outside I went back in for the syrup. What waffles are complete, without syrup? Pouring the gooey goodness on the golden waffles I unlocked my iphone. Sipping on my pipin hot tea I checked mymessages.

3 missed calls from Booth

A message from mom

7 messages from Booth

A message from Mabel and Milly

And a message from an unknown number.

Oh how delightful.

Reading and listening to Booth's messages and calls I got the gist of what he wanted; me in the studio. I sent him a quick text saying "5 songs done. Late night. Just woke up. Calm your tits."

Checking my mom's text was easy, she just wanted to know how I was, so I sent her a short comforting text. Mabel wanted to know how the club hopping went and Milly wanted to know how New york was and if she could visit for winter break. Then I was down to my last message.

Good Morning, Mystery Girl. ~JM

Smiling, I thought of a quick reply, I mean he had already waited 4 hours for my message.

Afternoon to the man with the spiffy suit. ~MG

Tossing my phone on the couch, I began to eat my meal. After finishing the plate of deliciousness, I just kept on sipping my tea and enjoyed the heat of summer and the sound of the city.When I had finished that, I gathered all my used dishes and brought it to the sink to rinse and put in the wash.

Walking back to the patio, I retrieved the phone and closed the decks door. Just in time for a text too.

May I know what the lady is up to tonight ~JM

Rolling my eyes with a playful grin painted on my face I replied with:

Depends. ~MG

Walking to my room I continued my ritual of getting ready. Blow drying my hair I plugged in the stereo and set my phone in and went to Pandora setting the station to Today's Hits.The first song to greet me was Blurred lines. Horrible song, but catchy none the less. Swaying my hips to the beat, I put mousse in my hair and to put in the rollers. Once that was over with I began applying everyday makeup of coverup, powder, mascara, blush, and red lipstick. With that I went over to my closet and picked out some jean short shorts, an over the shoulder baggy dark blue sweater to which I paired with a simple flower necklace, black ballet flats, and my silver ring with the purple gem. Going back to my bathroom I unfurled the curlers to unleash the curls. Brushing my comb through my long hair, I made the curls have more volume. Perfect. Letting my bangs swoop to the right, Ipinned the left side a little. Wonderful!

Picking up my phone, I paper clipped each pile of papers and stuffed them into my messenger bag. Searching for my earphone I dug them from the corner of my purse. Plugging it into my phone I went to my music and hit shuffle. I Try by Jesse came on. Nice timing. Skipping down the stairs, I wished my parents a good day and opened the door, only to be welcomed by a dozen roses placed my step. How peculiar. Picking them up, I noticed a note fall out. Bending down to reach it I read

How about a dinner and a stroll. Wear something nice. ~JM

Smiling I walked back into my house and set the red roses into a vase and placed the card into my purse and walked into the bustling street of the city. Digging out my phone, I texted McCartney

What time? ~MG