Chapter 3

"So mind telling me your name, Mystery Girl." Jesse asked as we neared Central Park.

"Oh? But where would the fun in that be?" I pouted.

"Well then if I don't know your name, shall i call you babe?" He inquired.

"You can call me whatever you want, darling." I smiled adding a southern lilt to my voice.

To that he just smiled. Walking down the darkened street with him, we probably looked pretty weird, though that's nothing unusual for New York. I say this because he was all snazzed up in a suit complete with cuffs and I had on this skimpy dress. Thank God, I wore tights. Walking in silence for a while I suppose we were thinking of what to do next.

"Have you ever been to the top of the empire state building at 3 in the morning?" I asked.

I certainly got a reaction with that.

"NO, though I wonder how you'd be able to accomplish that." he smiled.

"Oh that's simple. The hard part is not getting caught." I stated.

"Is that what you plan to do tonight, Mystery Girl." Jesse asked.

"Why of course not!" I yelled.

Roaring with laughter he leaned up against the wall. 'Well then, what do you plan on doing?"

"This" I breathed. Standing on my tip toes I a gave a peck to his lips and giggled. "Hand me your phone." I ordered.

"Yes, ma'am" he sighed.

Grabbing his phone I added my number with a picture of me. Of course I added my contact as "Mystery Girl".

Returning his phone, I smiled. "I've loved the time we've spent together, Jesse. But I'm afraid I have to go."

"But-"

"We'll see each other soon. I promise." With that I kissed his cheek and bade him a farewell and a goodnight.

I again, hailed a cab for the third time tonight, already writing a song in my head about tonight.

Opening the cab door I waved to Jesse and grinned like a cat who had gotten her cream.

"Where to?"

"JOE?!"

Belting out a laugh he replied with "Home I suppose"

Smiling I rolled the window and screamed to Jesse "Till next time, McCartney!"

Still chuckling in the front seat Joe said "Well someone's happy."

"YOu have no idea." I whispered as I looked out the back window at the shrinking figure of a man under a street lamp.