4

____________

________
____

Your pov:

"Bye mom! I promise i'll be back," I kissed my mom's forehead.

She coughed and struck a genuine smile. She looked so frail, but she always had a smile on her face.

"You look quite happy. Meeting up with someone new?" I gave an amused look at how emotional intelligent she was for noticing just from face expression. She was always an observant woman.

Too bad she couldn't read it enough to know I was having troubles back in school.

"Just a friend." I said nonchalantly.

She laughed lowly,"Whatever you say." She said.

I chuckled a little at her little comment. BeforeI left the room, I mouthed 'i love you'. She mouthed the same thing, blowing a little kiss. Her arm barely lifted in the air at how weak she felt.

"Do you need the car?" Andrew shouted from the living room. I caught a glimpse at him to see his eyes glued to the computer finishing up some papers from his job. I smiled to myself when I realized he was wearing the big headphones I got him from last Christmas. It wasn't the best headphones, but I worked up some money to get him it.

"It's okay! It isn't that far!" I raised my voice for him to hear over his headphones. Opening up the front door, Eleanor popped out of nowhere.

"Where you going?" Eleanor questioned. She's so sneaky. Knowing her, she would ask after if she could come.

"Going to the park with a friend." Right as I was gonna tell her she couldn't come, her eyes lit up, "Can I come please?" Her little feet tapping with pure excitement.

"N-" I paused. She tugged my arm gently making me look at her. She pouted giving those signature puppy brown eyes. "Please," she begged again in the cutest voice ever.

"Fine." I gave in. Her eyes sparkled even more. The smallest things make her happy which is one of the things I envy about her. It's hard to get that feeling nowadays.

"Put on your shoes. Hurry up," I said while I opened the door wider. She sprinted away trying to find her shoes.

She then runs back with her shoes on and a pink jacket. Dad gave her that jacket. I shrugged off the thought. "Ready!" She beamed, grabbing my hand.

"Andrew, Eli is coming with me to the park!" I shouted,"okay!"

____

"So who's your friend?" Eleanor asked as we walked hand in hand. She looked at the ground jumping over the cracks on the concrete which I had to pick up my pace to catch up with her.

"Her name's Emma," I said smiling widely.

"Is she nice?" Eleanor asked me, I looked down at her.