eight

(a/n: SOME BEAUTIFUL FANART BY Icringeatmyownfics, PLS KEEP SUBMITTING UR FANART GUYS I LOVE THEM SO MUCH)

P H I L ' S  P O V

I watched as the body dropped to the ground in a flash, Dan's dart gun now loose in his grip.

He was simply following the rules- if anyone gets in the way, fix it.

I led the rest of the patients out with me, sprinting through the pouring rain to a big van with bars in the back.

I shoved the patients in, getting more anxious once I heard sirens and shouting. Somebody called the cops.

I hissed under my breath, making sure Dan got in first before I hopped into the driver's seat.

"You guys alright?" I called behind us. Murmurs of 'yes' followed.

"I can't believe we're finally out," Oli grinned wickedly.

"Yeah, well-" Dan began, but screamed when the window next to him smashed. The patients ducked down in the back and I checked my rearview mirror to see cops driving after us.

Not only that, but they also had guns peeking out the window.

"Son of a bitch," I grumbled. "They're shooting at us."

"I've got good aim with knife throwing," Oliver pointed out, his black hair covering his brown eyes. I looked over his tattoos before exhaling, nodding over at Dan. He got the message, reaching back and unlocking the bars to hand Oli a pocket knife.

"Try anything and I swear to god-"

"-you'll kill me. I got it."

I rolled my eyes at his sassy remark, checking in the mirror to see him standing up and opening the top roof of the car.

"We need another person."

Dan gasped as he watched the knife fly from Oliver's hand and straight through the cop's front of the car, smashing through the window and landing in his throat. We all went wide-eyed.

"Phil! There's a turn coming up ahead, more cops headed that way! If you drive off the road we could get the bastards to crash!" Layla yelled over the chaos. I nodded once.

"Tell me when to turn! Everybody hold on!" I commanded. "Oli, sit down!"

The boy dropped back into the car, two knives still left in his hand.

It was silent in the car until Layla yelled her demand to which I obliged immediately, pulling the steering wheel violently, the stolen van's tires screeching loudly as the vehicle swerved and spun off the road, crashing through a fence and into the grass.

I looked behind me, eyes widening when I watched the three cops cars collide in the blink of an eye, one beginning to flip over.

We came to a stop and I shook my head, looking back at Dan. I shot a tired smile at him.

"Well that was fun," I breathed out, running a hand through my sweaty hair.

He opened his mouth to reply but then, without warning, his door was swung open and a pair of arms snatched him out of the seat.

"What the hell?" Layla cried.

"Dan!" I shouted, tensing at the sound of his screams. I pushed open my side of the car and rushed around the car, seeing a lilac-haired boy with sunglasses and a gun to Daniel's head. He had my boyfriend in a headlock, Dan's face already turning purple from lack of oxygen. I took one step and the boy clicked the safety off.

"Take one more step and I'll shoot him," he snarled.

"Let me guess, you're a Wirrow type of guy?"

He grinned wickedly, tilting his head. "You're smart, Phil Lester," he chuckled. "Now, let's get down to the basics. Either you-"

Suddenly there was a swift sound of a blade whipping through the air, and I watched as the weapon landed in his hand. He screamed and I turned to see Oliver popping his head out the car with a tiny smile. The gun dropped from the lilac's hand.

"Man, I love knives!" Oliver yelled.

I reacted quickly, stepping forward and catching Dan once he fell from the boy's arms.

"Get back in the car, and if something happens I want you to drive away. Do you understand?"

"But-"

I shook my head. "Get in the car, I'm not going to tell you again."

He frowned but leaned forward, slamming his lips to mine in a fast, heated kiss. I gasped in surprise, left breathless once he pulled away. Dan then hurried back to my side of the car, hopping in and watching us from out the window. I stepped forward and took the fallen gun, going back to my original place.

"Give it back!" The boy growled, yanking the knife out of his hand, throwing it at me but missing.

"We've got plenty more where that came from, so I suggest you shut up."

He crossed his arms. "As if I'd listen to you," he snapped, marching forward and throwing his fist out at me. I caught his arm and twisted it back, shoving him down into the pavement. He yelped out and I heard the crack, indicating I definitely broke something underneath his skin. I then held the barrel of the gun to his jawline, glaring.

"As if you have a choice," I shot back. He kept his mouth shut. "Now keep your trap closed or I'll break the other one."

"First of all, did you come alone?" I began. He nodded. "If you're lying, I swear-"

"I'm not! My girlfriend wanted to but I wouldn't let her."

"What's your name?" I asked, ignoring his response.

He didn't reply and I slammed his already hurt arm back into the ground, to which he screamed out, "Evan! It's Evan, you twat!"

"Nice to meet you Evan, I'm Phil Lester," I smiled warmly before whacking him in the neck with the weapon, proud of myself when he immediately blacked out. Pressure points always came in handy.

"Is he dead?" Dan questioned from the car. I shook my head, picking up his body and throwing it over my shoulder.

"Just unconscious. I have a few more questions I'd like to ask him," I grinned.

But while I was too busy focusing on my pride, I didn't hear the click of a security camera behind me.

In other words, I didn't notice the possible end of my last pieces of safety.