Nine

My head tilted to the side as I looked at the rather elaborate obstacle course in front of me. Cisco had brought me in promptly after my shift ended to start running tests on my powers, and, up until this point, I'd been kept completely in the dark on what they wanted me to do. I had really just assumed that they would have me run or do some kind of horrendous physical activity to see how my body reacted to exercise, but I could see that that wasn't the angle they were going for. There was a mass of water barrels off to my left, something that was awkwardly out of place in such a large warehouse. There was a few walls made into a maze directly in front of me, obstructing my view of whatever was on the other side of the building. There was one lone mat placed off to my right, and I honestly couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was for. There weren't any balance beams or high walls around for me to fall from, so I couldn't figure out what the matt was there for.

I crossed my arms and looked back at where Cisco, Harry, and Caitlin were scanning over their computer screens. "Can I ask about the mat, or is it a secret?" I inquired curiously.

Cisco chuckled, looking up from his computer screen. "It's to help test out your jumping ability. I figured that it would be better for you to have a matt to fall onto instead of running the risk of you falling and breaking something."

"Falling from what?" I asked hesitantly, not sure if I wanted to know the answer.

He pointed up towards the ceiling, and I looked up to see dozens of beams that looked almost like catwalks. "If you can, I want you to jump up there."

I waved off his request. "Please. That's kindergarten stuff."

"If you grew up in a Jedi Temple." He said more to himself than to me as he looked back at his computer.

"I love how everyone is referring to me as a Jedi now." I stated happily, crossing my arms again. "It's like a dream come true for me."

"Oh, so you're a Star Wars fan?" He asked curiously, walking away from the computer and towards me.

I nodded with a smile. "I grew up with the movies, and I've been in love with them ever since."

"Let me ask you one question: who shot first?"

I smirked at him. "Han."

He smiled brightly, patting my shoulder. "We're going to get along just fine, Ashton."

"I told you that you would." Oliver's voice rang through the warehouse.

I looked away from Cisco to see my long-lost brother standing across the room from me, his hands in his pockets and a smile on his face. "Ollie!" I spoke excitedly, running across the room to embrace him tightly. He laughed as he hugged me back, swinging me around in a circle. "What are you doing here? You should be back home working on your campaign." I stated as he put me down.

He shrugged casually. "The primaries aren't for another month, and Dahrk has been lying low recently, so I figured that I'd come over here to see how you're acclimating to Central City."

"I've only been here a week, Ollie." I laughed. "That's not a lot of time to acclimate in."

"I know, but Barry told me that you're starting your training today, and I kind of wanted to see you fall on your face." He joked with a wide grin.

I rolled my eyes, doing a horrible job of biting back a smile as I shoved his shoulder. "Some big brother you are."

"Oh, come on. You know that I'm just playing." He smiled.

Cisco joined us with a small smile. "Hi, I hate to break up the family reunion, but we kind of need to get a move on with our tests." He stated, not wanting to sound too upset that we were stalling.