Eleven

Ashton

"Did you ever meet the Dalai Lama?" Cisco asked.

I shook my head, my focus on the paperweight that I was telepathically spinning around in the air. "No."

"You studied with monks for upwards of a year, but you never met the Dalai Lama?"

I chuckled. "Cisco, they wouldn't let me inside the monastery. I only studied with one monk out of his home."

"So, you studied with monks without really studying with monks?"

"If that's how you want to think of it, then yes." I smiled.

"Now, where exactly did you study your martial arts?"

"A small town in China. I went in knowing a basic amount of Mandarin, but, after around three months there, I was fluent in it."

"You were not."

"Nǐ huì zài dāng nǐ yānmò zìjǐ de yǔyán duōshǎo, nǐ kěyǐ xuéxí gǎndào jīngyà." I retorted, looking at his shocked face with a smile. "Don't underestimate my linguistic skills."

"¿Cómo está usted siquiera es real?" He asked softly.

"You just learn a lot when you travel the world, Cisco." I answered, looking back up at the paperweight. "You learn languages and cultures that you wouldn't be able to learn staying here in The States."

"Is that why you went overseas? To learn?"

"Partially. It was also to escape everything that was going on at home."

"Like Oliver's supposed death?"

I nodded. "Yes. I was devastated that I'd lost my closest friend, so I left to find myself and rehabilitate after the loss. It probably wasn't the best thing to do--cutting myself off from my friends and family--but it was what I needed to do in order to come to terms with what had happened."

He nodded in understanding. "I can see where you're coming from. I mean, I don't have the courage or the resources to do something like that, but I can definitely understand what made you go to that."

I smiled slightly, and his computer started beeping. I took hold of the paperweight as I sat up, watching him roll his chair over to the screen, his brow furrowing slightly. "What's up?" I asked, jumping off of the table I had been on.

"There's some meta activity over by the docks, but it's not on the same scale as any other meta's we've seen." He answered, picking up his phone as I walked over to where he was.

I looked over his shoulder at the computer screen as he texted Barry. I read the profile that he had up, and my stomach turned violently. "Barry doesn't need to go up against this guy." I stated, standing up fully.

Cisco furrowed his brow as he looked up at me. "What are you talking about?"

I swallowed hard. "That man isn't just a meta human. He's a member of the Russian mafia." My voice was trembling slightly at the thought of what these men could do.

"How do you know that?"

I pointed to the star tattoo that was on his neck. "That's the symbol of the Solntsevskaya Bratva. They're the biggest and most powerful branch of the Russian mafia, and they have groups all over the country. One of their biggest syndicates is in Star City, and I spent my entire childhood hearing about what they could do. My cousin..." I sighed slightly, scratching my forehead. "He's the leader of the syndicate in Coast City, and he always warned me about what these men could do."