Chapter One

*ONE YEAR BEFORE*

"Pizza and movies at mine. 'Kay Lex?"

Rachel asked me, giving me a smile as she leant on the locker beside mine, I couldn't help it as my eyes trailed the length of her body. My best friend definitely was stunning with her short, bob style, light brown hair, that cups her face perfectly. Her gorgeous hazel eyes, reminding me of autumn, which just happened to be my favourite season. Her slender but muscular frame. You couldn't really blame me for having a small crush on her.

"Rach," I start as seriously as I can, trying to keep a straight face and not smile like I really wanted to, as I watched her face fall slightly, "You know that where ever there is pizza. I'll be there." I couldn't help but let out a laugh, when she scowled at me for making her think that I was going turn her down again.

She playfully punched me on the arm, as the smile returned to her face, "You actually think you're funny don't you Alex. How sad." She retaliated, pretending to pout as she walked away from my locker before I had the time to come up with a comeback.

Rachel and I had practically taken the same subjects for A-Level, Maths and Biology. Except I took Drama whereas she took English. I was glad to share those two subjects with her, since she was so clever, whereas I just about managed to scrape C's and pass my classes. The fact I even passed into my last year was a miracle.

Walking towards our Biology class, I was still teasing Rachel about how she got all sad when it looked like I was turning her down, she was trying her best not to laugh with me as she kept pushing me, until I heard someone yell my name above the muffled conversations of the students around us.

Turning around to see Matt, one of the boys in our year, rushing to catch up with me, pushing the younger years out of his way as carefully as he could, "Hold on." He shouted to me when he struggled to make his way to me. Making both Rachel and I laugh as we watched him.

"Hey Matt." I smiled at him, as he finally reached us, he smiled back at me as the three of us continued to walk in the direction of our classes.

"Alex, Rachel." He greeted us both with a small nod if his head, and that charming smile of his, a smile that made many girls swoon, unfortunately, I couldn't say I was one of those girls. Matt was definitely attractive, with his athletic build and perfect brown locks that you just wanted to run your hands through, but we were friends, and that was all.

"Hi Matt." She responded, a little cold, making me frown at her, but she didn't meet my gaze as she spoke to me, "I'm gonna head to Bio. I'll meet you there Lex." Letting out a small sigh I watched her walk off, getting lost in the crowds.

Rachel had gotten used to me being stopped by guys, and girls, and being asked out. She told me she always felt awkward being there beside me as they attempted to hit on me, so now, instead of waiting, she just leaves me with the person.

"So, Alex. I heard you broke up with Tash."

Natasha. We had not even been broken up a week and everyone already knew. She was a sweet girl, just a little too sweet for me, I needed fire, especially when I was with a girl, I needed a girl who would give me a run for my money, and Natasha just wasn't that girl. We lasted all of three weeks, but things between us started to get boring, even the sex, and I had no choice but to end things with her.

At least, that's what I kept telling myself, and everyone else that would listen. The truth was, she had been a distraction, just like the rest of them, I knew it deep down, even if I wasn't quite ready to admit it.