Chapter Seven

---------------------------------------

Alex's P.O.V

---------------------------------------

Rachel and I walked into the school hallway, only to find it eerily quiet. Another reason I hated being so early to school, there was no one here and being in an empty school was kind of creepy, I would much rather it be full of screaming, energetic kids.

"I wonder where everyone is?" Rachel asked, squeezing my hand gently, turning to her I have her a reassuring smile, knowing that it was nothing to be worried about that the school was empty, after all it was a Monday morning, half an hour before school started.

"Probably still in bed, not everyone likes to get here as early as you." I joked, hoping to lighten the mood, and make her feel better. "Bed. Where I should be right now."

Groaning, I started to walk slower, only for Rachel to gently tug on my hand to encourage me to walk faster, and stay at the same pace at her.

"Stop complaining," She told me, as she gave my hand another tug, making me speed up, so that we were walking at the same pace, "I'm being serious Lex, it's never this quiet..." She trailed off as she finished her sentence.

Knowing that Rachel wouldn't be this concerned unless it was something serious, I started to think of reasons as to why the school may be so empty. But no reason I could think of, could explain it. Maybe she had a reason to be concerned.

"Oh shit."

The two words left my mouth as I noticed everyone was not hanging round in the hallways as they usually did, oh no, they were all gathered in the French room, our form room, around one student. This usually only occurred when something considered to be big and filled with gossip happened. I looked at Rachel and she looked back at me, our faces mirrored similar looks of displeasure. I sighed, why couldn't we just have a normal day, with no gossip, no drama and nothing remotely similar.

"Come on then, let's go find out what's going on." I said, wanting to have nothing to do with this, but being someone who was usually the centre of all the drama and problems, I decided it would be a good idea just to check it out and offer my help if I could. We made our way over to the French room, where a crowd of around thirty or so students had gathered, those who were further from the centre of attention were already beginning to gossip. I let got of Rachel's hand to push my way through the crowd, to see who was today's victim of our stupid high school drama, Rachel followed closely behind, apologising to those who she moved out of the way to do so.

"Get out of my way." I said pushing some of the younger years, pushing them far enough away from me, completely different to Rachel's soft apologies. Finally I was almost at the front, trying to decided who it might be, knowing it was most likely someone from our form. I pushed the last student was blocking my view, and felt my whole body tense as I looked down.

"You lot get out now!" I shouted at them and pointed at the door. They all just stood there, though many did look towards the door as if trying to decide whether or not to listen to me. That just made me angrier. "Are you deaf? I said get out! Or I'll happily kick you out." This time most of them started to leave, the others resisted but gave in after a minute or so, knowing I wasn't someone to be messed with. I followed the last few to the door and slammed it'll shut behind them, glaring at those who decided to stay and try to look through the glass panels in the door.

"Hey Molly honey, it's me. Tell me what's wrong." She shook her head in response. I stood up from my crouching position, a deep frown set on my lips, and turned to Jace, letting Rachel try and talk to her.