40

Dinah lead Y/N backstage to the 5H dressing room. Dinah grabbed some towels as they sat down at a table.

"I still can't believe you came," Dinah said as she used the towel to wipe the icing off her face, "I thought I blew it for sure."

Y/N laughed slightly as she used the towel wipe the icing off herself as well, "You should have learned a while ago that I can never stay mad at you."

Dinah blushed, "So how did you like the concert?"

"It was amazing! You did great, and so did your friends. I'm actually really surprised I didn't get into your music sooner. Well I guess technically I did," Y/N replied.

"What do you mean?"

"I watched you back on the X Factor. The X Factor was my favorite singing competition show. I was so upset when it was canceled," Y/N confessed.

"Us to. That show literally gave birth to Fifth Harmony. When it did it was like our mother died," Dinah replied.

The two girls shared a laugh before it got silent.

"So what do I call you?" Y/N asked. Dinah have her a confused look, Y/N laughed, "Like, I've called you Jane all these months but your name is Dinah so like what do I call you now? Everything's confusing me, cause everything's changed. You're different..."

Dinah chuckled, "Babe, nothing's changed. It's not like Jane isn't my name, cause it is, it's just half of it. You can call me Jane, you can call me Dinah, you can call me DJ, Dina, Diana, Jay, or whatever. I don't care as long as you understand that nothing has changed. Inviting you here wasn't supposed to make you think differently about me. I still want to be able to talk to you, and joke around, and say whatever comes to mind. Y/N you're the only person I've been able to do that with and I really don't want that to change. I'm the same girl you accidentally texted way back when," she replied with a goofy smile.

Y/N giggled, "You sound worried."

"Extremely," Dinah stated with a smirk.

"Why?"

"Why? Because I'm really scared that I'm gonna lose you..." Dinah confessed.

Y/N didn't say anything. She just took Dinah's face in her hands and studied her intensely. She looked at her eyes and studied her cheek bones, near flawless skin, and long locks of hair.

"You're beautiful Jane. And I really like you, and I'm not leaving but you have to know that something has changed. Our relationship hasn't changed, and best believe I'm not gonna treat you differently just because you're a celebrity. But like your status in society is gonna trip me up for awhile. Like if I get you anymore presents I'll have to step up my game," Y/N said as she pulled out a gift from her bag and handed it to Dinah, "Happy Birthday."

Dinah looked at the package curiously, "You didn't have to get me anything, but thank you," she said as she kissed Y/N's cheeks.

Y/N blushed heavily, "It's really stupid, I'm telling you. It was meant for a fan of Fifth Harmony not a member of the group."

Dinah smiled as she opened the present. It was the 7/27 album and a Fetus Harmony T-shirt and poster from Claire's. Dinah smiled, "I love it."

"Lying to make me feel better, smart move BabyJ," Y/N said with a smirk. Dinah laughed, "I got you a present as well, to apologize for what I said," she said as she grabbed an envelope from her bag. Y/N was ready to receive the envelope but Dinah quickly snatched it back, "You can't open it until you get home ok?"

"Why," Y/N questioned. "Just promise me, please? And you're not allowed to return it."

Y/N eyed her suspiciously, "Fine," Y/N said as she took the envelop from Dinah and tucked it away. Just than the 4 other members of the group marched in. Normani sat right in between Dinah and Y/N, "So what'd we miss? Did you ask her yet DJ?"