Chapter 2

Hey yall! Here is chapter 2...

Enjoy!

-------

Chapter 2

Madeline awoke to the sound of footsteps on the tile floor, in the master bathroom, connected to their bedroom.

She rolled over on her left side and sighed as she felt the coolness of the air conditioning coming from the vent in the floor, right beside the bed.

Ethan slowly opened the bathroom door, probably thinking she was still resting and didn’t want to wake her. She smiled widely as he saw her awake and just swung the door open.

He walked towards her side of the bed and knelt down when he had reached her and gathered her hands in his. “Hey.” He said tenderly and kissed her knuckles.

“Felling better?” He asked with such sincerity in his voice it almost made Madeline want to cry. Ugh, why do I want to cry, sleep, and eat all the time now? Madeline thought.

“Yeah. But, how long have I been out?”

“Oh, just a few hours. It didn’t bother me though. I got some alone time with God.” He said smiling his killer smile that stole her heart the very first time she saw him. She let loose of his grasp, pulled the covers back, and stood up.

She was use to it, but for some reason, she recognized how tall her broad and muscular husband was.

Handsome

… she said inwardly as she stared at his biceps. Her gaze soon traveled up to his smirking lips.

“Still amaze you, huh?” He said as he rolled up his sleeves and flexed his muscles. Madeline rolled her eyes and walked to the bathroom.

“Eat it up, Ethan. ‘Cause I’m almost sure it’s just from the pregnancy. Lately, I have been noticing everything for some reason. Hmm.” She said sarcastically and smirked.

She closed the bathroom door and locked it. She sat on the cold floor, right beside the toilet, waiting. Knowing it was fixing to come. She still didn’t understand why they called it morning sickness when she was sick all day long.

She was thankful that it didn’t last as long as it usually did, but it still made her thankful to be pregnant. She enjoyed the morning sickness a whole lot more than any normal woman who could just get pregnant right off of the bat.

It really ticked her off when women would just brag to her about how they got pregnant within a few months of trying to conceive, not trying to hurt her feelings, but they did.

She didn’t understand why God was punishing her when she had faithfully followed Him since she was six years old. Now, going on thirty in a few months, she just didn’t ever see God’s hand in her situation. Then, she felt dumb for thinking that.

God wasn’t punishing her. It was just her journey of life that God has chosen for her. She shook her head to let loose of the rugged thought. “No. You will not think that way. God loves you and this is what His will is.” She said mentally.

She walked out of the bathroom, still in her pajama’s.

As she walked down the hallway to go downstairs, the room that they had picked out for the baby to have seemed to pull her attention that way. She walked towards it and opened the door to a bare room.