Chapter 17

Here is chapter 17, a cliffhanger, but i dont think it matters....considering I am uploading the rest of the book tonight! lol:)

GOd bless!

-Careforbooks!

----------------------------------------------

Chapter 17

Ethan’s POV

Sitting in front of a teenage boy who didn’t quite want to cooperate is hard enough. After hearing him talk about his life was even worse. Although Ethan did love his job, he felt a huge wave of compassion for the troubled teen in front of his eyes. He wore an old t-shirt, low-riding jeans, a crooked hat turned to the side, and a new pair of Nike tennis shoes. Ethan actually liked his sneakers though. He smiled while looking down. “Hey. Where’d you get the shoes? Those are pretty decent kicks you got there.”

“Why, what do you know?” Travis said, worried.

“Nothing, I just wanted to know where you got them, maybe I could get me a pair.” Ethan said diligently.

Travis just rolled his eyes as he kept repeating his well known natural sentence, “you don’t know me.”

“Look, Travis. I don’t have to know you, I just want to help you. You don’t have to tell me anything your not comfortable with, okay?”

Travis gave a slow nod, but with a smirk that said “whatever” all over it.

Travis made a few faces before burying his face in his hands and beginning to sob. Ethan handed him a tissue as he sat up and wiped his eyes, nonchalantly.

“Whenever your ready to open up, I’m listening.” Ethan said out of pure concern for the boy.

He nodded.

“Okay. Your telling me that no one outside of this office, especially my parents, aren’t going to find out?” The boy asked, securing his own safety.

“No one on the other side of that door is going to know anything, not even a word, you speak to me right here. The only way anyone else besides me will find out is if you tell them yourself, which I strongly advise, but I wouldn’t tell anyone for you. That would just be rude.” The boy nodded at Ethan’s words.

“Okay, here’s when it all started…”

----------------------------------------