Chapter 3

Here is chapter 3!

I am so excited to get this up! I am ALMSOT finished...although this book wont be majorly long, it is an average/moderate legth. I hope you guys like it. Oh and I apologize for whe nteh chapters start getting shorter. It doesnt mean its near the end, they are jsut a bit shorter:) Lol

Enjoy and let me know what you think by voting or commenting. And if you like it that much, fan, if you wanna:D I dont care. I jsut hope you get something out of it;)

God bless you all! :)

-Careforboks!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3

Madeline walked out of the church that her, Ethan, and her parents attended, dressed in her old knee length black dress, black hose, and black high heels.

She didn’t like her outfit at all. She hated it that whenever she wore complete black, it was always for a bad occasion.

She turned her head to the left, which was where the front doors to the church were, and watched six strong men carry the casket, which held her sister, to the long, black limousine.

She began to sob lightly and twisted her body to the right where Ethan was, and threw herself in his arms. He held her tight as she wept into his solid chest miserably.

She felt his arm rub up and down her back soothingly for a few minutes before he pulled her away from his chest and tilted her head up towards him by using his index finger and placing it underneath her chin. She looked up at him confused.

He nodded his head forward, looking straight in front of him. Madeline turned around to find her weeping mother crying into a hanky and hugging Madeline’s tall, strong father.

Madeline knew how bad she felt, loosing a sister and all. But, she couldn’t imagine the pain of losing a child. But, she knew that it could be possible. She hated the fact that it was likely that she just might feel that pain and sorrow in the future, considering her condition.

God Forbid.

She sent her silent prayer up to the Father as she looked towards the open, bright blue sky.

The worst thing about beautiful weather was that it just made the situation much worse. A beautiful day and a sorrowful mood just didn’t fit well together in Madeline’s mind.

She walked slowly towards her parents and stood in their arms for a slight moment while they cherished their, now, only daughter. Only child.

As she stepped back a few feet, she felt Ethan’s left arm slip around her waist as he smoothly walked up behind her and slid to her right side.

“Dad. Mom. I really don’t want to miss the burial service,” She looked down to the ground feeling a bit woozy. “but I just don’t think I can take any more.” She said sadly, pleading with her eyes as she looked back up at her weary parents’ faces.

Thomas, her Father, caught a glimpse of, what looked to Madeline, an understanding look.

“It’s okay, Dear. You need to head on home and get some rest. You and the little one.” He said, smiling, as he looked at her mid-section.

Madeline felt a tug at the right corner of her mouth as she lifted her hands and placed them on her abdomen. “I will, Dad. Don’t worry. I’m in good hands.” She said looking up to her husband, who flashed a quick, heart stopping smile.

He quickly looked back to her parents and stepped forward once to shake hands with her Father and hug Diana, her Mother.

“It was good seeing you two again.” Ethan said to her parents, which caused Madeline to remember that they had been so busy lately, they hadn’t had the time to go see her parents. It had been weeks!

“Maybe we could get together sometime this week? Go out and eat? Talk?” Ethan asked his Father-in-Law.

Thomas smiled and shook his head.

“Yes.” There was a bit of a pause before he continued. “That would be nice, Son.” He finished, still shaking his head in agreement.

“Now, get this little lady home and take good care of my little girl.” He said with warning eyes.

Ethan shook his head once more. “Yes, Sir. I will.”

Madeline knew what he meant by that last gesture, trying to be protective. She knew he didn’t want to lose any daughter or child. But, much more, he didn’t want to lose both of his children. She knew it wasn’t like she was going to die too, just because her sister did. But, when someone close to your age dies, it opens your eyes to see that it could have easily been you.

They finished off their goodbyes and before she knew it, Madeline was comfortably snuggled up to her warm covers in her cozy bed. She sighed as she hugged herself, a bit shivery.

She lay there for what felt like forever, wondering why she wasn’t at peace with the situation yet. It had been nearly three day’s since the accident.

She rolled over on her back, clumsily.

“Father, I need peace. I need your comfort and love right now more than ever. I just lost my best friend! My sister! Lord, I need your help.” She lifted the covers and placed her hands over her stomach.

“Lord, Jesus, please keep your hand of protection around this little one too.” She smiled rubbing the spot where a budding life was producing.

“Thank you again for this blessing. But, you know what I would forever be grateful for? If you would let this pregnancy go smoothly and let Ethan and I finally become parents. Lord, I want to feel the pleasure of being their protector. I want to hear their little feet running to my bed at night during a thunderstorm.” She paused for a little bit and sighed.

“God. I want to be a Mother. Please.” She pleaded with everything in her fragile and worn body.

“Thank you, Amen.”

================

 Hope you enjoyed...oh and listen to the song! :)

_Careforbooks! <3