Chadwick Episode 2!

I took a seat between Sarah and Chadwick and waited for the drama club meeting to begin. Chadwick removed a small notebook and pen from his jacket...Wait! Don't tell me he's actually going to take notes! I watched as he carefully wrote the date at the top of the page. He's nothing if not dedicated...that's when I noticed an unfamiliar girl in the back of the room arranging chairs and picking papers up off of the floor.

"Sarah...Who's that?" I asked.

"Oh, that's Karen. She showed up yesterday and asked if she could join." Sarah answered.

"I think I've seen her around campus before..." I said thinking and trying to remember.

She's really pretty, tall with long brown hair and brown eyes to match wearing a beautiful yet kinda casual dress. There's something about her that's really self-assured.

"You should go say hi later." Sarah said loudly into my ear.

Karen glanced over at us, nodded, and then went back to her tasks.

"Ahem..."Lynda's voice rang.

Lynda was standing in front of all of us clapping her hands together.

"Thank you all for coming. First off, we have two unfamiliar faces today. Most of you have already met Karen..." Lynda said pointing to Karen who just nodded again politely.

"And we also have Chad from the government something or the other." Lynda finished as Chadwick stood up and bowed his head.

"Please don't pay me any attention." Chadwick said.

"20 bucks to the first person who can talk this good-looking guy into joining the group!" Lynda said happily.

Chadwick started to say something, then stopped and awkwardly sat back down. I think you've finally met your match, Chadwick!

"Okay, so on to the main event!" Lynda started.

"As I hope you all remember, we're nearing our annual performance, and I've finally came up with our theme." Lynda continued.

Sure enough Chadwick was writing everything down when I looked over. Sarah raided her hand on my other side.

"I thought we were going to take a vote on it?" Sarah asked.

The other members mumbled in agreement.

"Yes but that was before I found my muse! At this point a vote would be merely...Superfluous!" Lynda told everyone being overdramtic as always.

"So what's your great idea?" A guy asked.

"Picture this!" she said shutting her eyes and running her fingers through the air.

"We're waiting in the dark, the air thick with...anticipation. We eagerly listen for signs of the performers...but all is silent." she suddenly opened her eyes and clapped her hands.

"The Spotlights come to life and reveal a clown dong a handstand! He's soon joined by fire jugglers and tumblers! A tightrope walker waves down at a woman on stilts...The tumblers form a human pyramid...An elephant balances on a ball..." she said pointing at us club members.

"Pure spectacle! There's nothing else like it! And that's why this year, our theme is..." she said making a dramatic pause.

"The Circus!!" Lynda yelled all exited.

"Where are we going to find an elephant?" a guy said.

"Or a tightrope?" Another chimed in.

"Well...of course we can't get our had on an elephant..but that's not the point!" Lynda said a little annoyed.