| eight.

"YOU'RE talking to a stranger?"

"Barry's not a stranger; he's a cute, funny acquaintance."

"Right, so, a stranger."

Jen looked at her best friend as the two sat on her couch eating tubs of ice cream while watching Baby Daddy.

"Am I crazy?" Rachel looked to her shaking her head while saying, 'Pftt noo, why would you be crazy?"

Jen threw her pillow at Rachel's face yelling in frustration, "Don't lie to me! I hate it when you lie to me!"

"I'm just saying, you're only crazy if you're not going to meet this guy." Rachel said while averting her attention to the hot hunk on the TV.

When she didn't get an answer she wearily turned back to her friend; raising an eyebrow asking, "You are going to meet him right?"

Jen gave Rachel a wide, nervous grin laughing out, "Actually..." Rachel threw her hands up in frustration wondering why she was friends with such an indecisive person.

One moment she hated the boy and next she was sending pictures of herself.

Selfies not nudes.

"Jen all you've talked about is the cute guy you texted! Come on just go to Central, I'll even come with you." Jen looked up at her friend hopefully, smiling grabbing her phone as she had just gotten a text from her boss.

"It's a text from my boss."

"What did she say?"

"She wants me to go to the art gallery to look at something."

"Is that it?" Rachel asked wondering why that message was so important to announce. Jen closed her phone looking straight into her friend's eyes and said. "In Central City."

It took quite a bit of time for Rachel to process what she had just said but when she did, she screamed in excitement and hugged her friend.

"Oh my gosh Jen. This is bloody brilliant! Maybe he'll have a really really cute friend. You'll finally get to meet your stranger!"

Jen felt butterflies once Rachel said that, she had no idea why but she was finally going to meet her stranger. "We leave in 6 hours!" Rachel said as she read the text that had popped up on her friend's phone.

The two quickly scrambled off the couch and went to pack their belongings; half of Rachel's belongings already being at Jen's because come on, best friends.

Jen moved towards her small bedroom unlocking her phone and started texting Barry.

✪✪✪✪✪✪

message to

barry
CONVERSATION BETWEEN BARRY AND JEN

jen
hey barry
i know it's real late
but
i'm coming to Central tomorrow
i hope i see you there
Read at 3:08am