| ten.

"WHERE to?"

  "Jitters."

  The taxi driver nodded starting the car and departing from the airport. Jen breathed out, clenching her hands together whilst shaking her knee constantly.

  She had no idea why she was so nervous but she was, she was going to meet Barry, her Barry... whatever his last name was.

  "Are you excited?" Rachel asked Jen nudging her in the ribcage, winking in the process. Jen looked away to hide her blush; she did find Barry incredibly attractive but for some reason she knew it wasn't going to work out.

  "I guess but the sole purpose of this trip was to sketch this so called superhero, so that's what I'm going to do." Jen replied tucking a hair between her ear as the café soon became visible. "Seems busy."

  The two Starling City residents got out of the car retrieving their bags and after paying the taxi driver walked into Jitters.

  The two were hit with the aroma of coffee and the warmth of the café once the door was opened.

  The two smiled at each other walking over to the counter and were met with a very pretty waitress. "Hi, how may I help you today?" The waitress with a big smile said.

  "I'll have a cappuccino and a black to go thanks." Jen said remembering both of their orders. As the waitress was about to say the price she was interrupted by the door opening.

  "Barry!" Jen's eyes widened at the sound of his name, her heart went quicker and all of a sudden her face went extremely pale.

  "Hey Iris, sort of in a rush, emergency at Star Labs, the usual please." Barry said not noticing the two girls waiting behind him.

  Rachel coughed which made both Iris and Barry avert their attention to the girl. "If you didn't notice, we ordered first?"

  Jen tugged her friend's arm pulling her away whilst trying to hide her face from Barry; she just couldn't see him for some reason.

  Iris looked at the two strangely before giving Barry his coffees and a kiss on the cheek. "See ya at home Iris." Barry yelled walking out the door.

  "Would you still like your coffees?" Iris asked annoyed at the behavior of the two unfamiliar customers. "No thank you." Rachel said dragging Jen out of the café.

  Jen let out the breath she hadn't realised she was holding until they were out. "Jenevieve Marie Gillins, how dare you not talk to him!" Rachel yelled out annoyed with her star struck like best friend.

  Jen groaned at the use of her full name, she hated the name Jenevieve; it was just so Jenevieve like. "Well Rachel Toby Holbrook, why are you so rude to people!"

  Rachel sighed placing her bag down and sitting in the middle of the sidewalk, "I just wanted my coffee." Jen took a seat next to her, rubbing her very tired best friend's back while mumbling,

  "And he has a girlfriend..."

✪✪✪✪✪✪

new message

barry
CONVERSATION BETWEEN BARRY AND JEN

barry
hey i didn't see you at jitters?
Read at 3:36pm
jen?

jen
sorry we didn't go
rach was tired

barry
oh that's cool
you'll never guess what happened
iris had this really mean customer
and she was all like "excuse me"
and there was this girl behind her pulling away
god i feel bad for her friend
who wants a friend like that am i right?

jen
yeah...
who wants a friend like that...

barry
are you alright?

jen
barry i really gotta go
my mum's calling
bye

barry
bye?

  " I have a friend like that... "