Chapter 7

Slowly opening his eyes, Tim looked around and realized he was still cradled in Gibbs' arms on the couch. He spied the bottle on the table and attempted to reach for it. Recognizing that it was just out of reach he let out a small groan.

Gibbs felt Tim stir in his lap, but before he had the opportunity to ask how he slept, slight movement caught his attention. He smiled as he watched McGee attempt to reach the bottle and then fail. Feeling bad for Tim, he reached over, grabbed the bottle and held it to the little guy's lips. Once he began sucking, Gibbs felt like this would be the perfect time to discuss how they would tell the rest of the team. He hitched Tim higher up in his arms and looked him in the eyes.

"Listen Tim, we need to let the rest of the team know that you are alright. I'm sure they're worried."

Tim who had been sucking contently on the bottle suddenly started choking. Alarmed, Gibbs sat Tim up and gently patted his back until the coughing subsided.

Once he caught his breath, Tim used his eyes to plead with Gibbs before quietly saying "No, make fun."

Taking a deep breath, Gibbs wiped his hand across his brow and figured now was the best time to be honest with him.

"Tim, we need to find out who did this to you. And the only way we're going to do that is if we have the team's help. Trust me, if anyone makes fun of you, their ears will be ringing for weeks. Give them a chance, they might surprise you."

A tear fell from Tim's eyes; he knew Gibbs was right. There was no way they could keep this from the team. He trusted Gibbs with his life and knew he wouldn't lead him in the wrong direction or betray him. Tim sighed; nodded his head and silently gave him the ok to let the rest of the team in on the situation.

Gibbs used his thumb to wipe the remaining tears from Tim's face and pulled out his cell phone.

"It's going to be ok, I promise." He said before hit the speed dial to call DiNozzo.

---------------

It had been over two hours since Gibbs left to check on McGee and there was still no word from either one of them. Tony had left several messages on both phones and was just about to drive to McGee's apartment when his phone rang.

"Boss, what the hell is going on?!"

"Is McGee ok?"

It's been over two hours!"

Tony blurted out in a panic when he answered the phone.

"Dinozzo, calm down!

I found McGee, he's alright." Gibbs tried to reassure him.

"Well, he better have a damn good reason for scaring all of us. Or he's going to be head slapped into next week."

"Oh, he does. Listen, I need you to grab Ziva, Abby and Palmer and head out to McGee's apartment. Bring a couple of different cars because you're going to need them. I'll explain once you get here."

"But, Boss..." Tony stuttered, trying to get more information out of Gibbs before he was met with a dial tone.

Ziva was already standing and ready to go before Tony was even off the phone.

"Call Abby and Palmer and tell them to meet us out in the garage. Gibbs wants us to meet him at McGee's apartment.

"What is wrong with McGee?" Ziva asked while they headed to the elevator.

Tony shrugged his shoulders as millions of different thoughts ran through his mind as to what could be wrong with his Probie.

--------------

Hanging up the phone, Gibbs realized that it was close to noon and decided it was time for lunch before the team got there.

"Hey Duck, what type of food did you buy for Tim? It's close to lunch and all he's had today is a bottle of milk."

Ducky mumbled something from the kitchen but Gibbs couldn't hear him so he picked up Tim and walked into the kitchen.

"Oh Jethro, how about some oatmeal and yogurt?"

"Well don't ask me Duck, ask Tim..."

"Ah, well yes...does oatmeal and yogurt sound alright to you Timothy?"

Tim just nodded and laid his head on Gibbs shoulder while Ducky went about preparing the food.

"The team will be here soon and I want to make sure Tim is able to eat without an audience, especially for his first time." Gibbs said as he poured himself a cup of coffee and sat down with Tim in one of the kitchen chairs.

A few minutes later, Ducky was tying a bib around Tim's neck and pulling the oatmeal off the stovetop. With Tim sitting on Gibbs' lap, Ducky grabbed a spoonful of yogurt and headed for mouth. However, when the spoon touched McGee's lips he would not open his mouth. He started shaking his head and getting agitated.

"Come on young man, I know you must be starving." Ducky tried to convince him while still holding out the spoon.

"Gib, do!" Tim screamed as both men in the room were thrown back at his reaction.

It took them a moment but they soon realized that Tim wanted Gibbs to feed him instead of Ducky.

"I gotcha buddy, I'll do it for you." Gibbs reassured him as he took the spoon from Ducky and proceeded to feed him.

Ducky sat drinking his tea as he thought about the trust Tim already put in Gibbs. His only concern was that Jethro wouldn't be able to work this case if Timothy didn't learn to trust the others while in his infantile state. He decided the he would discuss his concern later on, when Tim was not around.

Ducky was pulled from his thoughts when he heard Gibbs finishing up with Tim.

"Good boy, now let's get you cleaned up." he said while wiping his hands and mouth with a towel.

"Hey, Duck will you make Tim another bottle while I finish cleaning him up?"

"Why of course Jethro" Ducky replied while pouring milk in the bottle and popping it in the microwave.

Grabbing his coffee in one hand and carrying Tim with his free arm he retreated back to the family room and turned the television on while he got comfortable with Tim on the couch. He had just put the bottle up to Tim's lips when there was a knock on the door.