Chapter 24

GUYS 5K TYSM!!!! IM SO HAPPY YOU GUYS ARE ENJOYING THE STORY!! :D Also sorry I didn't post anything on the official Star Wars day (cause every day is really Star Wars day) but May the Fourth be with you!!

I wake up the next morning curled up next to Ben. I carefully crawl out of Ben's embrace and off the bed quietly not to wake him. I head into the bathroom closing the door behind me to take a shower. I turn on the faucet letting the water steam up before I hop in. The water felt so nice as it ran over my skin cleansing it. I soaped my body making sure every spot was clean and just soaking up the warm water before getting out and drying off. I got changed into my normal attire and opened the bathroom door only to find the bedroom abandoned. I tried my very best to keep quiet and not wake Ben, but where has he gone? I walk into the room towards the bed when suddenly someone picks me up from behind and carries me to the bed. I get pinned down on the bed when I see that this person on top of me is Ben. He starts tickling me, "Ben!" I cry out. "Oh, you want to be tickled more?" He says chucking with a mischievous smile. "Ben stop that tickles," I plead as I squirm underneath him. "What if I don't want too," he teases tickling me even more. "Pleasee," I beg out of breath from laughing. "Alright," he says with a smirk. I stare at his face admiring him. His smirk, his eyes, his hair, his lips, everything. He is the most handsome man I've ever met. His deep laugh brings me out of my thoughts knowing he heard what I was thinking. I blush before I crush my lips against his passionately kissing. We moved in sink, holding each other close, his weight on top of mine, our tongues swirling around each other's until there is a knock. A groan comes from Ben as we both get up and open the door to find Leia standing there. "Be.. Oh hello Rey. I just knocked at your door I was wondering where you were," she tells us. "Mom," Ben starts before looking at me, I nod my head. "Mom, I know this might be a lot, but Rey and I... are engaged," he tells her taking my hand. "Really? That's fantastic!" She exclaims. "Really?" He questions. "Yes! I always knew Rey would be the one!" Leia says full of excitement making me blush. "Who else knows?" She asks. "You are the only person we have told," Ben informs her. "Okay, I'm so happy to see you guys in love. Love is a beautiful thing, so treasure it. We are having a meeting after breakfast in the control room about our plan to take down the First Order and I would very much like you two to be present there," she explains. "We'll be there," I tell her with a smile. She smiles back before leaving probably back up to the control room.

After Ben got changed we went to the cafeteria to have breakfast before we headed to the control room. The room was full of generals and highly ranked officers. "Everyone please take your seats," Leia requests from the front of the room. We all make our way to our seats and sit down. "Thank you. Now, we are gathered here to discuss our plan to take down the First Order for good," Leia says causing a cheer from a few men. "We have the latest input on most of their secrets thanks to my son," Leia says proudly. "We have tracked their base down to the planet Endor. Poe, your squadron as well as the Black and Blue squadron will attack the base's generator from the sky. Chewbacca will lead the ground attack with Ben, Rey, Finn, Luke, and myself. The rest of you will be staying here at the base overviewing the process and helping prepare for our departure in two days." As I glanced around the room you could see a few people with looks of doubt on their faces. Leia, noticing this as well says, "Everyone, we are shall not let the First Order place doubt inside of us. We beat them once we can do it again! They haven't had as much time to build up, so we have the advantage here! We are the mighty Resistance and will not be intimidated by the First Order!" The whole room roars in applause, her pep talk definitely worked. 

Leia dismissed us and everyone started to clear out when I heard, "Ben." We both turned around and saw Leia, "May I have a word with you please?" She asks. He nods his head before looking back at me, "I'll meet you back at our room," he says as he plants a kiss on my forehead. I nod my head and make my way back to our room.

As I am walking back I heard a male voice call out my name behind me. I turned my head to see Finn. He jogged to catch up to me, "Rey, I'm really sorry. I didn't give you a chance to explain. You are my friend and if Ky- I mean Ben is your friend that makes him my friend too," he says with a smile. "Thank you so much Finn!" I exclaim full of excitement before I pull him into a hug, "I was really worried we weren't friends anymore," I tell him. "Friends are always there for each other," he says smiling. "Well, I got to get back to work but I'll see you later." "Okay bye Finn," I say waving before continuing to walk back to my room smiling, I am so grateful to have the amazing and understanding friends I do.