Chapter 31

I could not believe my ears. "Are you serious?" This is crazy, I am going to be a father! "Yes... You better not plan on running out on her cau-" "I would never do that to Rey. Oh my god I'm going to be a father! This is the best thing that's ever happened to me!" Placing my hand gently on top of Rey's stomach I say, "We got a little baby in there!" "Yes. I've very happy for you guys. I must go check on my other patients, but if you need me, just ask for me at the front office," Aurra says then leaves after I tell her thank you. I smile, giving Rey a goodbye kiss on her forehead, "I believe in you," I whisper to her before heading back to my room for the night.

Laying in bed, I contemplate everything that has just happened. I go visit Rey hoping she'll wake up, and then I'm told that she's pregnant with our child. It feels surreal, too good to be true. The baby is definitely a plus because right now I'm mainly concerned about Rey's health. What if she doesn't wake up? Without her would the baby even live? Would I even live? I quickly push those thoughts aside, I believe that she is tough enough to wake up. I know she can do it. With all these thoughts I soon drift off to sleep.

~~~

I didn't get much sleep last night. Tossing and turning, with my thoughts roaming every which way. I decided that there is one person who I could talk to all of this about right now. So now that I finished breakfast, not that I ate much anyway, I am on my way to the control room on a search for my mother.

"Mom," I call finally finding her at one of the control panels. "Yes, Ben?" She asks turning to face me. "Can I.. um talk to you for a second?" "..Yes," she says with a little bit of worry present on her face.

We both make our way into her private office and take a seat at her table. "Did something happen? Is Rey okay?" She asks anxiously sensing my uneasiness. Wow, my mother and Rey have really grown close. "The nurse said she is recovering great, and I'm here to talk about her actually," I tell my mom. "Okay, what is it?" She questions. "I went to visit her again yesterday and the nurse.. um... she.. um.." "Ben," my mother begins placing her hand on top of mine, "Whatever it is, you can tell me." I take a deep breath, I don't even know why I'm nervous, this is my mother I'm talking too. "The nurse informed me that Rey is.. pregnant." It felt good to get that off my chest and tell someone about it since I haven't been able to have a conversation with Rey. She takes a moment to process everything before saying, "That's magnificent! I'm so happy for you too! You're finally making me a grandchild! ..But are you happy with all this?" "Yes, of course! ..It's just I'm worried about Rey. It's nice to be hearing some good news, but that still doesn't take my mind away from her current state of health," I inform her. "Do you believe she will get better and wake up?" She asks. "I do." "Then she will," my mother tells me wrapping me up in a tight hug, "She will."

~~~

"I'm here to see Rey," I tell the droid at the front desk. "Room B8 on the left," it says in its low monotone voice.

I make my way over to her room, quietly opening the door hoping to see her sitting up waiting for me, but instead find my beautiful Rey still sleeping. Taking my normal seat beside her bed, I take her hand in mine gently holding it against my cheek. Closing my eyes to her touch I say, "Hello darling. How are you doing? I really miss you. I know you're okay deep down in there, trying to break back through the surface. I'll be here with you every step of the way, and when you do I be here waiting for you." I lift my head upwards towards the ceiling trying to prevent any more tears from falling, before continuing, "I don't know if you already know this, but you're going to be a mom, and I a dad. I know you'll make an amazing mother and wife, and I promise as soon as you are out of here we will have our wedding like I promised before all of this craziness happened. I love you so, so much." I place a kiss upon her hand before gently draping it back down across her stomach. Heading for the door I wipe away the tears that began to crawl down my face when I hear a soft, sweet voice call, "Ben?" 

I know this is shorter than usual, but this first week of summer has been crazy busy for me and I wanted to give you guys a fun cliffhanger XD