Chapter 27

REYS POV:

"Okay, everything is set, everyone on board?" Leia asked. Chewie roared in response. "Okay, everyone take your seats and prepare for take-off," she demands before heading back up to the cockpit. As everyone heads to their seats, I take my seat next to Ben and strap in. Once settled, he takes my hand in his, rubbing soothing circles on top with his thumb. I look up to meet his gorgeous, caring eyes boring into mine. "You nervous?" He asks gently. "A little, yes," I tell him, but I think I'm more than a little. "Don't worry, this will all go to plan, I won't let anything bad happen to you," he assures me. I smile feeling better, "I won't let anything bad happen to you either." He leans over giving me a quick kiss before leaning back into his seat. I rest my head against the side of his chest as he wraps his arm over my shoulder. I close my eyes against his warmth and soon fall asleep.

I am woken up from my slumber with a pain in my abdomen. Nerves. I don't know why I'm nervous, even though I know that today will be the end of Snoke, the whole process still makes me nervous. I have never seen Snoke and I'm not sure what he is capable of, and I know I mustn't underestimate nor overestimate him.

I don't know how long I was out for, but by the looks of it, it was a couple of hours because most of the crew back here has fallen asleep as well. I quietly unbuckle and head to the cockpit to check how things are doing. I reach the front and see Leia and Luke talking. They both turn to look at me, "Hello Rey, anything wrong?" Leia asks. "No no, everything's fine. I was just wondering how's it going up here," I tell them. "Everything's perfect up here. We will be arriving on Endor in about a half an hour," she says before I head back to my seat.

When I return I see Ben awake probably wondering where I went. I take my seat down next to him when he asks, "Hey, everything alright? How's your stomach?" "Yeah, don't worry, I'm fine. It's just nerves. I just went up front to check on when we would be arriving. We should be there in about half an hour," I tell him. "Okay, just want to make sure you're okay," he says putting his arm back around me. The pain in my abdomen increased slightly, and I must have shown it on my face because as soon as it came it was subsided by a wave of calmness from Ben. 'Relax,' his voice said in my mind. I took a deep breath relaxing and snuggled up into Ben's side for the remainder of the flight.

~~~

A Few Hours Earlier...

FINNS POV:

The day has come. The day where I will fight against the ones who once served along my side. They will not get to me, they mean nothing to me. The First Order was not my home and never was. I am meant to be with the Resistance and Poe.

As I walk down the hallway heading towards the hangar to leave, I can't help but hear my favorite voice calling my name from behind, "Finn!" I turn to around to face Poe running towards me. Once he reaches me, he quickly engulfs me in a hug. "I just wanted to say, be safe and I'll see you when we get back," he explains blushing. I smile; the feeling you get when you know how much someone cares for you is amazing. It makes you feel all tingly inside. "Thanks Poe. You be safe as well, and I'll see you back here when this is all over," I tell him. The space is filled with an awkward silence as Poe seems lost in thought contemplating something. "Ok, well I-," I am interrupted when Poe's lips crash on top of mine. The kiss is short and sweet, but the passion behind it is strong. "Go. Be safe. We will finish where we left on when we return," he says winking before I continue my passage to the hangar.

~~~

PRESENT...

REYS POV:

Thud!

"Alright everyone! We have arrived on Endor. We will be traveling on foot for the rest for the journey, so I hope you're wearing a good pair of shoes," Leia exclaims coming in from the cockpit. Everyone; Ben, Chewbacca, Leia, Luke, Finn, a whole squadron of resistance fighters, and I are all armed and ready to make foot to the base. "Now, Red Leader you will lead your squadron north to the front side of the base. Hide in the bushes and do not shoot until my signal," Leia says. "Yes General," Red Leader replies. "Also, if you happen to see any creatures out there that look like fuzzy, cuddly teddy bears, do not hurt them in any way. For we are forever in debt to them for there assistance in defeating the Empire about thirty years ago," she exclaims. We all nod our head in understanding, then head out of the freighter.

Once my foot hit dirt I couldn't help but take in the view. Endor reminded me of Takodana, both filled with a huge green forest. The amount of green these planets had placed upon them was beautiful. Sometimes I wonder why I had to be deserted on Jakku, couldn't my family left me on a planet like this or Naboo? If I wasn't so in awe about the environment before me, I probably would of heard Finn calling my name, but I didn't. 'Rey.. beautiful, we're going' I heard in my mind dragging me from my thoughts. I turn around to see Ben waiting for me as the others, followed slowly by Finn, begin to make their way towards the base. I hurry over to him taking my hand in his before following the others. As we walked I could sense worry coming from someone, and this time it wasn't me. It was radiating from... Ben. "Ben, are you okay?" I ask him calmly. He began to speak, "I-I-...," but seemed at a loss of words. Using the force gently, I glazed his mind learning why; he is worried about facing Snoke as well, that he is afraid he will overpower and control him, and let me down. "Ben, don't worry. I won't let that happen. Us together is more powerful than Snoke could ever be," I assure him gently caressing the side of his face to look at me, "You could never let me down," I tell him looking into his gorgeous eyes. He leans in igniting a compassionate kiss as he wraps his arms around my waist pulling me close. I put my hands up around his neck deepening the kiss. After a few minutes, we both pull back slowly catching our breath. Ben rests his forehead against mine, "I'm going to miss this," he tells me. "As soon as this is over and we're back, we can continue where we left off," I tell him with a mischievous smile. "Ben! Rey! You guys coming," Finn's voice calls. "Coming!" I yell back grabbing Ben's hand with a smile and pulling along him with me.