Chapter 32

Thank you everyone for being so patient! I don't have as much time to write during the summer, ironically, compared to the school year. I will try my best to keep updating frequently, but please don't worry I am not giving up on this story! I am simply taking longer to write. Thanks again for your patience!

Her voice pierced through me like a knife, it feels like it's been years since I've heard that soothing voice of hers. I slowly turn back around towards the bed, praying that my mind is not playing tricks on me. When my eyes finally reach the bed, they immediately lock with Rey's shimmering hazel eyes, that are... staring back at me! "Rey!" I exclaim running up to the bed engulfing her in my arms. "You're okay," I coo, both to myself and her. "Someone once told me the force works in mysterious ways. That love isn't a weakness, it's a strength. Love comforts you, and powers you when you need it most," she smilies quoting me. "Rey, I missed you so much, you have no idea," I tell her bringing her even closer to me, planting a thousand kisses on top of her head. "I do actually," she muffles into my chest. I pull back out of the hug looking into her eyes, asking, "What?" She reveals one of her big, heartwarming smiles, "I heard you all along, I heard everything you said to me every day. I heard you and the nurse, that we're gonna be parents. I tried so hard to respond, to wake up, to move, or to even message you through the force, but none of it worked. I heard you telling me that you believed in me, and I could do this. That's what kept me going, I could never abandon you. Thank you, I couldn't even begin to imagine my life without you, I love you so much." I watch as a tear rolls down her cheek mirroring mine. Before I even have the chance to respond, she slides her arms up around my neck, pulling my head into hers, and connects our lips passionately in the middle.

REYS POV:

Ending the kiss I nuzzle my head against Ben's chest embracing his warmth and comfort I missed so much. I feel like I've been trapped in ice for months with my only warmth radiating from when his hand found mine whenever he would come to visit me. "Ben," I mumble. "Yes beautiful?" I smile at his little names he has for me, "I want to get out of here." Unwrapping his arms from around me he stands up, "Okay, I'll be right back. I'll go get the nurse."

He reenters the room a couple of minutes later followed by an older lady. "Rey, what a great pleasure it is to see you awake," I immediately recognize her voice from when I heard her talking to Ben before; she's the nurse who has been watching over my health. "I'm just going to do a quick examination and you can be on your way," she says with a smile.

"Thank you so much for everything you have done for me," I tell her as she finishes up the end of the examination. Putting the kit away she says, "Sweetie, I simply just kept an eye on you. You did all the work. You are one of the toughest patients I've ever had; a true fighter." Blushing I tell her, "Thank you." "Now, you're going to have to come back in once a month for an annual checkup on the baby. Other than that you are free to go," she informs us. "Thank you so much for everything," Ben says wrapping his arm around my waist as we leave the hospital.

We are almost to our room when we hear voices behind us excitedly yell, "Rey!" We both turn our heads to find Finn accompanied by Poe... hand in hand? "Rey you're okay!" Finn exclaims wrapping me up in a tight hug. "Yes, I am now," I tell him smiling. "Rey, it's great to see you out of the hospital," Poe says coming in for a hug as well. "I'm glad to be out of there," I tell him. 'Should I tell them about the baby?' They are some of my closest friends. I turn my head to look at Ben, and I know he can hear my thoughts through our force bond. He nods his head, 'I'm okay with it if you are.' I smile turning my head back towards Finn and Poe. "Is something wrong?" Finn asks. "No, no, I just wanted to tell you two, since you guys are so close to me that... that I'm um pregnant," I say with another big smile. Poe was the first to respond saying, "Really?! That's amazing I'm so happy for you two! Engaged, defeated Snoke, and now a baby. You go guys!" "Wait? Why don't I remember telling you guys we are engaged?" I questioned. "Well, I might have gotten excited and told them," Ben confessed. I smile, "That's okay, I'm glad you guys know." "We're glad to know. At first, it was kind of a shock. But Ben's a great, caring guy and you two are perfect for each other. And if he ever hurts you, Poe and I will beat his a$$," Finn jokes. "Haha thanks guys," I tell them bringing them both in for a hug. "But I don't think you will ever have to worry about that last part," I assure them.

"Rey, I'll meet you back at the room in a few minutes, I have some businesses I need to attend too real quick," Ben informs me. I lean over to give Ben a quick kiss when Poe says, "Ew.. Guys, get a room." I turn around giving Poe a death glare and a smack on the shoulder. "I'll see you guys later," I say then head back to Ben and I's room.

BENS POV:

After making sure Rey was out of hearing distance, I asked the two of them, "Did you find it?" "Sure thing," Finn smiles. "Wonderful," I tell them. "Ya, why did we need to find those old ruins anyway?" Poe asks. "Because that's where I'm going to take her to get married. If it's exactly like the photos, it's some type of old Jedi temple. Now I'm leaving it to you two and my mother to prepare and set up for the wedding in two days, while I go and find Luke. Got it?" "Yes," they say in unison. "Also I'm been meaning to ask you two this. You both mean a lot to Rey and I, and I wanted to know if you two wanted to be my best men?" I don't think Finn even though about it before he exclaimed, "YES!" Poe steps forward placing a hand on Finn's shoulder to settle him down, "He means we'd be honored and would love too." "Great. Well I'll leave you guys too it. See you two later," I tell them before heading towards the base's courtyard.