Back

I suddenly wake up in disbelief. Was that all just an amazing dream? I lift myself up. Even though it's cold in the room, I'm still hot and cover on sweat. I try to remember the dream I just woke from.

'I remember Sachi being there,' I think, 'telling me something about the death games coming back. Something about saving her and the others. And she gave me something so I could see her soul. What was it though?'

I look at the alarm clock. It read 3:34 am. I shut my eyes and hold my head. I have a bad headache. I'm that worried about the dream. Then suddenly

'Ring-Ring' My cellphone is going off.

"Who would be calling at this hour?" I ask myself in an annoyed voice. I check the phone. It says Yiu wants to Halo Gram FaceTime. I smile with absolute happiness.

Yiu is my daughter. My wonderful 5-year-old daughter. She was born in the S.A.O. games. And in the game, she aged very fast. I know what your thinking. But the answer is no, nothing happened between me and Asuna in the game. Or anyone.

In the game, if their is a strong love connection between two people, they have a child. There's no 9-month wait or birth. You just get a child if you want one. It's like a messed up version of the stork.

It's weird. Even though Asuna was over whelmed to have her as much as me, I don't see her face. I mean, my face is their. My nose and a little bit of black hair. But it's mixed with the color blue. She has a different smile. And her eyes. They're not mine or Asuna's. But they're so familiar...

I press 'yes' and a beam shoots from the top of my phone. I see a halo gram of Yui. Her smile is as beautiful as the a sunrise. She waves at me.

"Hi Daddy! Whatcha doing!" she asks.

"I was sleeping, but now I'm talking to you," I laugh.

She blushes. "Oh, sorry Dada...I'll let you go back to sleep if you want..."

"No no! It's fine kiddo. I actually just woke up from a dream. That's all."

Yui's face lights up.

"Really? What was it about?"

I pause. "Well...um..."

I don't know how to explain this to her, so I just say "It was about an old friend."

"That sounds nice! I just wanted to call and see if you where doing alright. Grandma and Grandpa say they miss you a lot."

She was staying with my mom and dad back in Japan. I didn't want to leave her, but my parents insisted that she stay with them because they wanted be sure Asuna and I had time to work and study at school. So we flew her to Japan, stayed the night, and left the next morning (we had already gone through a lot of trouble to go to school in America, so we couldn't transfer back).

"Ok," I told her. "That's nice of them.. Are you doing good?"

She tells me about school and her new friends she's made the last few weeks she's been there. But then, she asked what I have been dreading.

"Hey, where is Mama? I don't see her," she asked. Yiu is so innocent.

"She's going to be gone for a while," I say a little sadly, but quickly tried to hide it, "but she still loves you very much. And so do I."

She smiled brightly.

Suddenly, I hear somebody in the background. It sounded like my dad.

"Yiu, who are you talking to?" He asks curiously.

"To Daddy," She beamed. Then I saw my dad appear on the screen.

"It's around 3 am over there!"

"But...The date on the bottom of the screen says it's 5 pm 5-22-2024!" Yiu replied. Dad signed.