Dueling

As I told you I drifted into sleep. Cool breeze, warm feeling, soft grass. But something happens when I go to sleep. Something...bad.

~nightmares~

I open my eyes and look around to find myself on top of a hill. The same hill I visited about a week ago.

I start walking down the hill and see the large hole. like before, I slip through and head inside.

I pass cylinder tube after cylinder tube. I don't know where going or why. All I know is that my feet are h*ll bent on going a certain direction.

My eyes are half way open. Like zombie mod or something. Then suddenly, I hear the sound of whispering, causing me to stop dead in my tracks.

I'm now more awake and quickly duck behind a cylinder, trying not to look at the body. I can hear two men talking. So I slid down the side of the tube so I can get a better look at them. (Yep I can't see through the glass tubes -_- ya I say WTF too)

To the wall of this room, there is a table with the men sitting with two cups. Probably for coffee of something. But both of them are wearing long cloaks, so I cans see there faces. Just hear there voices.

"Hmm...very nice indeed, don't you think?" the one on the left says.

"I guess so," the one on the right replies, "but as you know, I didn't come here to drink this tea. I came to do a job."

"Ah yes, right to work. Ni time to he social. Just doing your job," the man signs, "very well."

My face turns into a scowl as the continue to talk, making me confused. 'Where is this going?' I think.

The man in the left takes one last sip before setting his drink down.

"Well, as you know, the new players have all logged in for the contest. some for money. Some for fame. But some"-he makes a gesture to all the tubes-"are here for better things instead."

The man on the right had his hands under his chin and nodded. So the other man continued.

"I do want to give people a chance to leave, for the companies sake, or we'll go completely bank-rupted! But, there is one particular player I want you to keep an eye on."

The other man leaned in. "Just who is this player?" The one on the left puts his head up and stares right into him.

"I want you to 'take care' if the same man that killed my father here. He's good. In fact, he's very skilled. But he's a threat to me. Here in the game, he's known as"-I hold my breath, trying to completely focus on this guys plans-"he's known as...Kirito. He played as a beater here."

I gasp a little as I sit there. They wanted...me!?!? But why? What could I have possibly done to this man? Unless...

"Hmm...I see," the one in the right replies, "but won't the viewers see me killing him on T.V.?"

"Of course they will!" the man exclaims. "But they won't know you are killing him. I want you to go to the woods. I know he hunts there. If you strike and kill him, I will make it look like it was an accident. You can say you thought he was an enemy. And instead of logging off, his mind will remain here forever! Mhahahaha!"

His laugh is blood-curdling, chilling. I stare at the assassin once he speaks.

"You have a very...interesting way of handling things, sir. What about his friends?"

"They can be released. Once he's gone, I won't need them here anymore. But"-he put his fist down hard down in the table-"if anyone gets in your way, kill them as well. Got it?"