Prologue

(A/N: Old cover above that was created by @m-blackhart)

~~~~~~~~~ 1 year ago ~~~~~~~~

It is a rainy day it's my first day of high school and my first day of living in Toronto. Until now I have been living in one of the nameless small towns in Ontario Canada but now I am going to be living in the biggest city in Canada.

But I wish I could be excited. I have never been popular in all my years of middle school and I don't think my luck will start now. Maybe I should skip, Maybe I coul-.

"Hey."

I look up to see a girl standing in front of me. She is beautiful. She is wearing a pair of white and purple pants. She has a big teal blue backpack on her back over her red jacket and a pair of black vans.

Her dark almost black hair was put into a loose braid and laid on her shoulder. Her big dark brown eyes were looking straight into mine, a smile plastered on her as she looked at me.

"What are you doing sitting on this swing all by yourself?"

I looked around for a moment to see that there was no one else in the park.

"Well, there's no one else in the park to be with me so it's inevitable that I'm by myself."

I was surprised with my own confidence to speak to her, and she seemed surprised that I answered.

"I haven't seen you in the neighborhood before, are you just moving in?"

"Yeah." I admitted nervously.

"Then are you coming to school today?"

I was surprised she knew I was supposed to be at school.

"How did you know?"

"Well it's the first day of school, you're new and swinging by yourself to avoid going to school I'm guessing?"

Wow, she hid it right on the dot.

"Yeah." I replied with one word again.

She slowly sat on the swing next to me.

"You know I can help you if you want."

"Really?"

"Yeah!"

She reached into her pocket and brought out a diamond Heart.

"Wow!" I gasped staring at it in awe.

"This is my special diamond I always keep it with me whenever I go somewhere where I'm nervous, scared, afraid or anything else. It reminds me that I have to keep my heart strong, clear, and bright just like this diamond. Here."

She handed the diamond to me.

"What?"

"Here." She said again keeping the diamond in my hand.

"But I can't it's yours, it's important to you!"

"It was important to me. Now it's important to you."

"I-"

"Keep it safe."

She got up and started to walk away.

"Wait!"

She turned around to look at me.

"What's your name?"

She paused for a second.

"Scarlett Hale."

I looked at her.

"Aiden Moore."

She blinked at me for a second then smiled.

"See you at school."

She walked away and at that moment I realized that I might really like this school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay, my first ever chapter. Sorry if you thought I would go straight to the gay stuff (see what I did there). I really wanted to show their first meeting and how he fell in love but don't worry I am not the biggest fan of long books so the kissing and smut are coming soon but you will have to be patient. Anyways here's to the first chapter of The Other Guy let's keep getting along alright.

Anywho,

Check out my socials!

Vote, Comment, Share, Follow, anything else you can do with this story and I will see you next Chapter

Vote, Comment, Share, Follow, anything else you can do with this story and I will see you next Chapter.bye!!!👋👋👋