♚ Chapter Twenty-Six

[dedicated to Christine, for the stunning banner + for being a brilliant writer]

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

I could not explain why I was so nervous when I stood in front of Alastair's door. After breakfast when I went down the corridor thinking that it would be nice to get a breather in the Royal Garden as I waited for Alastair to arrive back at the Kingdom, the two guards stationed at my end of the corridor informed that Alastair was already in and said he didn't want to disturb me so early in the morning, and this information sent me almost running back down the corridor to his room.

I immediately called out his bluff even though the guards clearly didn't know he was lying. Alastair was nervous, just as I was standing in front of his door, and we both knew it was because we were doing something that was technically not legal and also the fact that we hadn't seen each other from that rather emotional night, two nights ago.

I took a deep breath and knocked. I hadn't even realised that I had been holding my breath until the door opened and I let out a breathy sigh, sounding breathless as Alastair came into view. He was wearing sweat pants, his thigh muscles looking well in shape against the material. He also wore on a short-sleeved navy blue T-shirt that defined his arms, his chest, his abdomen and gosh, the way his dark hair glistened to show that he had probably just come out if the shower made him look all the more enticing and delicious.

I didn't even wait for him to say anything as I grabbed the front of his shirt and crashed my lips onto his, a hunger like never before erupting with me, the fire blazing high as excitement dangled at every end. He pulled me in, shutting the door behind me before pressing my back to the door, the hard surface pressing into my back as all of Alastair pressed up into the front of me.

He let go of my mouth, his forestry fragrance hitting me full swing and I felt myself slipping into the bliss that the mere smell and presence of him brought as I pushed my hands up his chest, trailing on the exposed skin on his neck and I felt him shudder, the noise pleasant to my ears, before I slipped them into his jet black hair. "Impatient, aren't we?" he asked, his breath fanning over my face and I closed my eyes, feeling the tingles right down to my toes as the distance, or rather the lack of thereof, made me warm, heating my entire body right down to my core.

"I got to admit," I replied breathily, "you had me scared when I woke up alone yesterday."

"Why?" he asked before he dipped his head to my cheek, grazing his lips leisurely over it. My breath hitched and when I didn't give him an answer he continued to torture me with all the teasing.

"Is it because you wanted this?" he asked raspily as he trailed his fingers, feather soft, up my arm as his lips moved sideways to my ear, his hot breath now fanning my ear. I melted, gripping his hair.

"Or is it because you wanted this?" he asked, dipping his head below my ear, his tongue flicking out before he caught my ear into the grasp of his teeth and bit down. I hissed as my knees weakened and I was extremely glad that I was pushed up against a door otherwise I was certain I would lose balance at how jelly I felt with Alastair's hands roaming me and gosh, his lips and that tongue.

"Or," he asked, pausing briefly as his breath skimmed across the name of my neck, making a pleasurable chill run down to my core, "is it because of this?" His warm and soft lips met the skin on my neck and he kissed his way up and down, up and down, and I arched my back towards him, craning my neck so that he had better access as the grip I had on his hair grew tighter, my knees growing weaker and my core growing hotter.

My goodness, this man worked miracles on my body.

A sudden urge of absolute desire to tease him back burned within me and I found myself slowly, seductively, dropping my hands from his hair, skimming his neck, spreading my hands down on his chest as I pushed him away, prying his lips away from my neck. This elicited an irritated groan and I giggled, whispering, "look who is the impatient one now."