Chapter 5

The next day, I wake up with not much recollection of what occurred the evening before.

I pick up my phone to check for messages from Emily but just as I lean over, I hear deep, steady breaths coming from beside me.

Smiling, I turn over to find a sweet-smelling gorgeous mess of dark hair and my quilt pulled up to her chin. I tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ear and absently lean down to kiss her cheek. Her skin is so soft that my lips are still tingling when I pull away.  Just as I do so, her long eyelashes flutter and she opens her eyes sleepily.

"Morning," I say abruptly as I jump out of bed awkwardly.

"What's up with you?" Emily looks at me questioningly.

"Sorry, I just um.. I...I still don't know how I feel about this whole..you know.."I stutter, looking down at the floor. I don't know what's come over me.

I hear shuffling on the bed, soft footsteps and then a hand on my cheek.

"Well I remember you being just fine with it last night." I glance up to find myself staring into her eyes, and memories from last night start drifting back; how I felt with her lips on mine, our bodies as one.

"No hesitating. That's always a good sign, I think." She has that look on her face - she knows how I feel about this and that I know as well. She's just trying to get me to admit it out loud.

"Okay, okay. I liked it." The biggest smile spreads across her face as her eyes start to sparkle. I can't stop myself from grabbing her and placing my lips on hers.