Chapter 4

You are my rainbow to keep. My eyes will always be watching you; never will I lose sight of you.
~Vesna Bailey

"Mommy, what was Daddy like?" Ash asks as we drive home from school.

"Your daddy gave me you and that is what is important." I reply.

"Why doesn't Daddy live with us?" She asks.

"Daddy wanted to live somewhere else so he did." I reply. "He moved away a long time ago."

"Can we go visit him?"

"No, Sweetie." I reply. "What do you think we should do for dinner tonight?" I ask, changing the subject. Tonight I don't work.

"We should have pizza!" She replies. "Can Trevor come over?" She asks.

"We can call him and ask him if he wants to come over. How does that sound?"

"Sounds good." She says. "Can we watch a movie tonight?" She asks ten seconds later.

"Sure. What movie should we watch?"

"The Little Mermaid." I swear to God we watch that movie twenty time a week! I have memorized all the songs too!

"Okay, Honey." I say plastering on a giant smile. "The Little Mermaid is my favorite movie." Not.

When we get home I have Ash do her homework while I do the laundry. After she is done, we call Trevor on his cell phone. "Hello?" He says, answering the phone.

"Trevor!" Ash squeals in delight. Ash has always loved Trevor ever since she was born.

"Hey Ash!" He says cheerfully. "Did you steal Mommy's phone and called me?" He asks jokingly.

"No!" She says laughing. "Mommy is sitting right next to me."

"Hey, Trevor." I say with a smile on my face.

"Hey, Tatiana." He says.

"Can you come over for dinner and a movie?" Ash asks. "Please, Trevor!" She begs. "Please, please, please!"

"I would love to eat dinner with you guys and watch a movie." He says laughing.

"Yay!" Ash says gleefully.

"What movie are we watching?"

"The Little Mermaid." Ash replies.

"Oh, I love that movie! I think it might be my favorite." He says.

"Mommy says it is her favorite too!" Ash says. "And it's my favorite."

"Oh I know it's your favorite." He says. I can almost hear the smile in his voice. "Ash, can you hand the phone to Mommy?" He asks.

"Yep." Ash says handing me my phone. I take it off speaker before I say anything.

"Hey." I say. "I took the phone off speaker so we won't get interrupted." I add.

"Okay." He replies. "So for Saturday I made reservations for Angelo's for seven." Angelo's is the nicest restaurant we have in this town and it's delicious. "Then would you like me to pick up pizza?" He asks.

"If you'd like." I reply.

"The usual cheese and pepperoni?" He asks.

"Yes. Thank you, Trevor." I say.

"See you at around six with the food."

"Bye."

"Bye, Tatiana." He says before hanging up.