1

Everything was set in their rightful place. Or so he thought.

The first moment he saw her, way out of character and smiling giddily at him, he knew that he wanted to know her more. And when he got to know her better, he realized that he wanted to spend more time with her. When time permitted it and they got along well with each other, he realized that he was slowly but surely falling in love with her.

He saw it coming. At first, he tried to dodge it, tried to play it off as a stupid crush but it came back with a vengeance and hit him right between his eyes. And that was then that he fully accepted that yes, Alden Richards is in love. And yes, the girl he's in love with is Maine Mendoza.

From that moment on, he vowed to himself that he'll tread every steep mountain and cross the deepest seas just to make her feel that she is admired, cared for and loved.

He succeeded. Each and every day he succeeded to make her feel all that and more, and he couldn't be any more happier. For the past 5 years, even though he's already snatched her heart, held it in his hands, and won her love over, he still hasn't forgotten his vow; to always make her feel special.

He thought it was all it took to sweep her off her feet and keep her in his arms.

But somehow, something changed.

He felt it. He has always been a sensitive man and he felt it the moment it started to feel like she's drifting away from him. He fought so hard and strained to pull her back to him. But nothing worked. She was slowly slipping away from his fingers.

//

MAINE's POV

Hindi ba usually ang babae ang agrabyado? Ang victim? Eh shems bakit ganon. Pakiramdam ko masyado ko nang naaabuso ang pagmamahal ni Alden.

"Happy ka?" He asked, putting his hand on my shoulder, looking me straight in the eye.

I remember when I asked him the same question during our long table date in KS, and since then it has been our "always".

I didn't feel like answering him though, but, in the back of my mind, I was indeed, "happy". But something felt different. I don't know. I looked away from his gaze and shook off the feeling.

To avoid the awkward air between us, I faked a smile and said, "Oo naman. Ikaw?"

"Syempre!" He said, grinning as wide as he could, his eyes forming a straight line.

"Tara, kain na tayo. Dala ko ulit yung favorite mo. Isaw."

Shems, Alden. Seriously? Isaw nanaman.

"Yey!"

That was the most awkward yey ever.

"Ayaw mo, love?"

"Uhhh. Di naman sa ganun. Pero, no offense, Alden, the isaw thing is getting old. Nagsasawa din naman ako."

"Sorry love. I thought it was your favorite."

"Yes it 'was'. Kaya 'was' kasi noon yun."

I unintentionally rolled my eyes at him.

"O, bakit galit ka? Sige bili nalang ako ng iba. What do you like?"

"Galit agad? Di ba pwedeng PMS lang?"

"PMS? E diba katatapos lang ng period mo last week?"

Pati ba naman period ko, alam. Can you believe this guy?

"Ah basta. No need. Sige na, umuwi ka na lang. Baka magaway pa tayo eh."

"Wag naman ganun, Maine. Please, tell me what I did wrong."

Nothing. You did nothing wrong. You always do everything right. And to be honest, it's leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

"Bukas na lang Alden please. Just leave me alone tonight. Bye."

"Okay, I love-"

I slammed the door in his face before he could even finish. I leaned on the door and put my face in between my hands.

What the hell is happening to me?

So, after an hour of walking around the condo, loathing myself for what I just did, I decided to just sleep it off. I thought to myself, maybe this feeling will go away after a good night's sleep.

But as I laid my head on my pillow, my freaking phone beeped like a hundred times. I reached for it and behold, it was Alden.

He left 30 missed calls and 50 messages.

It was a series of apologies and I love you's and to be honest, nakakasawa. So, I put my phone on dead silent and threw it on the side table. I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.

I woke up with a splitting headache. Ugh, how I wish I could just stay in bed. But, we had an early call time. So, I decided to buck up and get up. I took 2 paracetamol tablets, a shower and ate a banana. I then gathered my things and proceeded to go down stairs. But as I opened the door, I was surprised. There he was, sat on the floor, leaning on the wall, asleep.

Shems. Nakakaguilty.

Imagine me loathing myself some more.

"Alden,"

I called out his name, tapping him slightly on the shoulder.

"Alden,"

I called once again, louder this time.

"Hi love, good morning"

And there he goes again, being Mr. Perfect like he always is.

Hindi mo man lang ba ako sisimangutan kasi napaka bitchesa ko sayo kahapon? Ni hindi ka man lang ba magtatampo kasi inaway kita at hindi pinansin mga texts at tawag mo?

"Dito ka natulog?"

I asked, feeling my temper rising.

"Yup,"

He answered as he stood up to his feet and dusted his pants. Then he smiled at me, the kind of smile na parang walang nagyari kahapon.

"Bakit dito ka natulog? Diba sinabi ko umuwi ka na. Pano kung may nakakita sayo dyan? Alden naman eh,"

I whined, throwing my head back as I tried to hold my anger in.

Ayokong magalit sayo, Alden. Ang aga aga. May trabaho pa tayo. Pero, please lang. I need some space.

"Wala namang nakakita sakin, I made sure of it. I kept texting you last night, sabi ko di ako aalis habang di natin naaayos to. Diba, we've promised na we won't go to bed mad at each other?"

"Pero, Alde--"

"I'm sorry,"

He suddenly said, which stopped me on my tracks.

"Saan?"

"For everything that I did last night na kinagalit mo."

And the guilt inside me ate me whole. He doesn't need to say sorry, in fact ako dapat ang nag so-sorry sakanya kasi wala naman syang ibang ginawa kundi iparamdam na mahal nya ako, na mahalaga ako para sakanya.

Pero, urgh, what is this I'm really feeling?

Left with nothing to say, I stretched out my arms and enveloped him in a hug.

Sorry, Alden. Pero parang ayaw ko na.