2

ALDEN's POV

Ang ganda talaga ng girlfriend ko.

I was looking at the pictures of Maine's recent magazine cover shoot whilst waiting for taping to officially finish, and boy, does she look gorgeous. Kahit anong angle pa yan, or wacky face, ang ganda niya pa rin. And over the years, I've seen her blossom from this quiet, timid girl into a gorgeous, confident woman. How lucky am I?

I've asked myself that question countless times. Many say that she is the one who is blessed to have me but I say otherwise. I've seen her endure so much for me and I've always had this question in my head, what did I do to deserve her?

She's the ideal woman. Hindi siya cookie cutter. She's unique, one of a kind, different. All but in a good way. She's hilarious, effortlessly funny and she makes me happy, content. Every great quality is in her. Ao pa bang hahanapin ko pa, di ba?

But lately, it's been different.

I stared blankly into space, quietly letting the thoughts just pour in.

It's like a switch flipped with her.

Oo, nararamdaman ko. Hindi naman ako tanga at manhid not to feel Maine slowly drifting away from me. Hindi ko din alam kung kelan nagsimula to. Hindi rin naman biglaan yung pangyayari, it just slowly crawled it's way into our relationship and now it stands between us.

I tried my hardest to keep holding on to her. Kahit magmukha akong tanga, okay lang. Mahal ko eh.

Pero bakit ganon? I've exerted so much effort to maintain our relationship, I have even sacrificed so many things, so many offers para lang ipaglaban si Maine. But why do I feel like my efforts and sacrifices are all casted aside, and ignored nonchalantly.

But whatever happens, ipaglalaban ko to. If I have to sacrifice my career just to make Maine stay, then so be it. I won't hesitate to do it all for her.

After what seems like an hour of just being with my thoughts, I bid good bye to my co-actors and staff and headed to my car. I drove for 2 hours just to get to Maine's place. I was alone and my only company are my thoughts and the loud music playing from the radio.

They say that if you really love someone, you're willing to sacrifice even your heart and soul just to see a smile on their face, that giddy glint in their eyes and happiness radiating from the inside.

And that is what I did. I sacrificed myself, my heart, my soul.

I was made to believe that love will bring you happiness. So I gave Maine all my love so I could bring her the happiness she deserves. That is all I ever wanted, to see her happy.

Pero bakit parang di na sapat yun? Hindi na yata siya masaya sakin, at ang sakit sakit tanggapin king ganon.

I arrived at her place around midnight. Knowing Maine, she's still wide awake. She doesn't have any idea I was here. Although I was dead tired, with eyes half-lidded, bags under my eyes, hair disheveled and body feeling like jelly, I still wanted to see her.

"Alden?"

I heard Maine ask, surprised, seeing me after opening the door, with that all too familiar irritated tone on her voice.

Meng, sobrang miss na miss na kita. You used to say my name with the sweetest voice I have ever heard. You used to squeal like a little girl whenever you would see me. And you used to run to me and hug me tight, like you're never going to let go. But, what happened? Parang iritang irita ka na makita ako.

"Hi, love"

I greeted, forcing the smile on my lips to appear, trying to ignore the painful squeezes on my heart because of her indifference.

"Anong ginagawa mo dito?"

"I'm here to surprise you."

I said, fake smile still plastered on my lips.

"Diba kakagaling mo lang sa taping? Sabi ko naman sayo magpahinga ka na diba?"

"I just wanted to see you, love. It's been a week since we last saw each other. And miss na kita."

Miss na miss na miss na kita, Meng.

Something flashed in her eyes that was all too familiar to me. She always looked that way whenever I would tell her not to read the bashers' comments about her but she'll read them still, or whenever I would tell her to go straight to bed after a late night shoot but she'll still stay up late and whenever I tell her to rest because she's sick but she'll go to work anyway.

She was covered in guilt.

She flashed me a small smile, the kind of smile that didn't really reach her eyes, the kind that doesn't feel genuine or sincere and the kind of smile that seems like a knife through my heart, piercing it, twisting it, slowly and painfully.

It took everything I had in me not to burst into tears right then and there.

"Eh ayoko lang na masyado kang napapagod. Lagi mo sinasagad sarili mo."

"Basta para sayo okay lang."

"Alam mo naman na okay lang sakin na bumisita ka na lang pag free ka at well rested eh.."

She said whilst looking down at her feet.

"Bakit, Meng. Ayaw mo bang andito ako?"

"Gusto, pero concerned lang naman ako sayo eh. Di mo naman kasi kelangan gawin to palagi."

"Ang alin?"

"Ang isurprise ako."

"Gusto ko gawin. Kasi gusto kong nakikita kang nakangiti."

"Para kasing sinasayang mo lang oras mo sakin."

"Bakit mo naman nasabi yan? You're worth my time. Girlfriend kita. Mahal kita kaya naglalaan ako ng oras para sayo."

"Naguiguilty lang ako."

"Bakit naman?"

"Basta, naguiguilty ako. Sige na, halika na sa loob."

"Thank you, love."

"Sige, upo ka muna. What do you want? Coffee? Juice?"

"I just.."

"What?"

"I just want you. Just you."

"Alden.."

"Come here please.."

I reached out to her and after a few moments she made her way to me. I then asked her to sit on my lap just to cuddle with her. I missed this so much.

"I missed you, love."

I said, hoping to break off the weird feeling I've been having lately.

"Miss you too.."

Even that felt different.

"Maine.."

"Yes?"

"Tapatin mo ko please.. What's wrong?"

"Wala naman."

She was quick to answer. Too quick.

She can't even look me in the eyes. So I just smiled and brushed it off.

"Payakap na lang, love. Para mawala yung pagod ko."

"Okay."

She embraced me, tightly.

I wish time would just stand still. Right at this very moment. With Maine in my arms.