Chapter Eleven

John sat in front, tossing the Loralite stone from hand to hand. Marina was in the back, her face still a little flushed from the small make out session they had had back there. A few seconds after they had stopped, Sam had approached with seemingly no idea what had just occurred with his phone blasting the radio saying that John and Henri were believed to be terrorists. They had booked it afterwards. 

Sam looked over at John, saw the stone, and he brightened a little bit. "I have one of those!" 

John looked at him eagerly. "What?" 

"I got it from my dad's collection," Sam replied. 

"Can you get it?" 

"Yeah, definitely. Then what?" 

"Then John and I get out of here." Marina finally joined the conversation. "John'll tell Sarah what's going on, and I'll get ahold of Savannah or Gibbs and we'll meet back up at the school." 

"You're not leaving me behind!" Sam argued. 

"We are, Sam," John snapped. "It's our job, not yours." 

Sam looked stunned, but he stopped in front of a house that had a party going on. John got out, slamming the door behind him. Marina followed right behind him as they approached the door. They shoved through the kids there, ignoring comments. 

"That's him!" 

"Is that the agent girl?" 

"What're they doing here?" 

"I'll be on the roof," Marina whispered to John, and she took off up the stairs. 

John nodded, looking around the floor. He saw Mark out of the corner of his eye talking into his phone, but he ignored him. He saw a flash of blond head for the kitchen, and he walked off after her. 

When he got into the kitchen, Sarah was alone and leaning against the doorframe to the outside. John raised an eyebrow, jerking his head out to the living room. "That doesn't seem like your kind of crowd." 

Sarah looked back at him, then shrugged. "I'm not exactly sure who my kind of crowd is right now." 

"Sarah, I - " John started to explain, but she held up a hand angrily. 

"John Smith," she stated, then let out a forced laugh. "I am such an idiot!" She shook her head. "All this time . . . and they're saying you and your dad are terrorists." 

"Terrorists?" he asked, snorting incredulously. 

Sarah's glare swung to him. "Tell me the truth!" she demanded. "Who the hell are you?" 

He heard sirens start to go off outside, and he muttered under his breath. He pointed at Sarah. "Stay down here." He took off up the stairs, ignoring her calling his name. 

He pushed through the couples upstairs, trying to find Marina. He found her sitting on the roof outside, talking into her phone. She hung up just as he climbed out the window next to her. "I told Gibbs to meet us at the school," she explained. 

"Did you hear the sirens?" John asked. 

Marina nodded, starting to get to her feet. "We do it the old fashioned way?" 

John smirked, nodding. He bent his knees, then heard a familiar voice bellow behind him. "Smith!" 

He turned, seeing Sheriff James about to dive through the window. Marina held out a hand to stop him from getting John, but he sent a sharp punch into her side. Marina stumbled, sliding on the shingles. "John!" she screamed, falling off of the roof.