Final Footsteps

Tarrant:

"Alice..." I say, my lips pressed together, taking a couple steps towards her. I place both my hands on her shoulder blades.

"Don't worry Tarrant. I'll be fine. But I shall go. I shall take my leave, and let you live happily now, with the rest of your family." She says, motioning her hand over to the Hightopps.

Inside, my heart sinks. Did she only rather see me as a friend? Maybe I shouldn't do this..

As me and Alice stand there, in the middle of all our friends watching us, the looking glass behind Alice, I motion a look over to Mirana.

"Excuse me..Tarrant.. Can I speak with you privately? ..Alice..he'll be right there..hold on.." Mirana says, looking at everyone then directly into Alice's eyes. She motions to Tarrant, to take him around the corner.

"Mirana...you positive this will work?" I say, looking her seriously in the eyes, my hands held out Infront of me, intensely.

"Yes Tarrant. I did everything I could. I used this potion wisely with you. You ranted, screamed and cried for me to do this....she will return.." Mirana, her eyes growing brighter, giving me the vibe that I will see my Alice again..but not the same.

I take a deep breath. I look down, rubbing my hands together Infront of Mirana.

"I'm ready.." I say as If I was off to do the biggest mission in the world.

Mirana nods in her sweet queenie way, and we both make our way back the small gathering, where Alice stood in the same spot, right Infront of the looking glass. She smiles once seeing me come back. Mirana, is not far behind me.

"Well..till next time..I'll miss all of y'all.." Says Alice. Her eyes watering up, her nose turning red, looking at everyone. Then once at me.

"Fair..Farren..Alice..." I say. I extend my hand out to her.

Mirana smiles.

Alice looks down at my hand, and slowly reach up, and strokes my hand.

"FairFarren..Tarrant.."

Her hand slowly pulling away from mine..as she steps back into her real world and once gone from my sight.

I look down, then turn back around to all my friends.

I walk up to Mirana, stepping inches away from her.

"It worked..." Mirana pulls out a necklace, which was blue.

"Blue means, everything has succeeded.."