Chapter 56

One week has passed since that letter arrived. I now look down at the new letter. They want Mrs. Lane to go down to the company and have a talk with them.

"Mrs. Lane, I would like to go and say some words to them if you don't mind."

She turns to me and then the letter. "Sweetheart are you sure? I mean.." She stops and wipes her watery eyes.

I quickly hug her while she cries silently. This studio is all Mrs. Lane has. She's been in bad shape this past week and I can't blame her.

"Yes I'll go. I'll talk to them. They can't do this Mrs. Lane. They won't." She nods her head and wipes her tears.

"Thank you Elizabeth. Thank you." I hug her once more and leave the studio getting into my jeep that finally works.

I have to make sure that I look presentable for tomorrow. I quickly dial Ashley at a red light and tell her to bring me some of her fancy cute clothes. Recently I've been living in a pair of leggings and a sweatshirt. She laughs but agrees none the less.

I just hope I can change their minds.

---

"Are you sure I should wear this?" I question looking down at the black crop top and black skater skirt. It's a little revealing..

"PUHLEASE! You have the tiniest waist and the best legs. Not to mention that ass is like bomb. So yes you're wearing this." Ashley looks into my closet and pulls out a cropped black leather jacket. "You're gonna look so hot they'll agree to anything you say." She winks.

Hopefully.

I change and quickly put on my pjs. I can't argue with Ashley it'll only make it worse. I guess I'll just look very "hot" during this meeting or whatever the "Ashton company" is calling it.

"What do I even say when I'm there?" I whisper. I place my nail in my mouth and nibble.

"Don't bite your nails!" Ashley smacks my hand away and I whimper.

"Sorry mom.." I walk to the kitchen to grab a water.

"Look don't stress about it alright you're gonna look hot as fuck and if they say anything that's A. Complicated or B. Some smart weird shit. Abort mission." She smiles and fluffs her pillow.

Oh nice like that helps.

I look at the clock 9:45pm. "I should probably go to bed. You gonna head out?" I ask.

Ashley grabs an apple and eats it softly. "Yeah if you want me to?"

"Please I think jack needs you more than I do right now." I look at her and her face heats up.

"He just makes me so happy Liz." A glow appears on her face and I smile. I walk over to her and hug her.

"I know he does and he's so happy with you." I remove my arms and raise a brow. "So when are we going to go dress shopping come on ash it's been three weeks since he's proposed."

She sighs looking up daydreaming. "I know I know.. I hope the wedding is amazing."

"Pshhhh it'll be fantastic. I'm the maid of honor after all so." I wiggle my brows and she giggles.

---

Ashley's pov

I walk into my home and lay my purse on the couch while I walk to the kitchen.

A candle catches my eye and I raise a brow, "jack?"

Another candle meets my gaze and another. What is this? I follow them and see rose petals on the floor. My breath leaves my lungs as I stare at the out door patio lit with candles and twinkling lights.