Clingy

He said I was too clingy, and that's when we began to fall apart.

"Where are you going?" I asked him in confusion as I inspected his outfit. He was dressed nicely, hair gelled back and car keys in his hand.

"Out," he stated simply without even sparing me a glance. A frown found its way on my lips while I watched him search for his wallet.

"Alvaro, you said we'd watch movies tonight,"

He didn't even look guilty nor apologetic when he turned to look at me. He looked annoyed. Annoyed of me.

"There's tomorrow night, Tara,"

"But Alvaro, that's what you said yesterday and this is the fourth time this week you're canceling on me for your mates,"

"Look I'm always with you, so I don't see the problem if I want to hang with my friends. Stop being so clingy,"

Clingy. Alvaro had called me clingy. The word hurt a lot more than it should have, but it was Alvaro. The fact that it came from him and he said it in such a cold tone made it sting.

I had listen in stunned silence as the front door slammed shut behind him. I stared down at the bowl of popcorn on my lap in disappointment for the fourth time that week.

But their relationship began to fall into place.

××

Thanks for reading